• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you are answering my question with a question? I don't know, that is what I asked for the most part as I am not intimately familiar with the situation. Chill my friend, I too want to not retire at a regional.

Maybe Rod doesn't know. He was correct though, Dalpa fought for the right to keep every Compass pilot hired before the buyout by the owner of TransStates to eventually get a number (without interviewing) at Delta. As far as keeping the E175s and not selling them, that would have been nice, but when Delta supposedly offered Dalpa a large pay raise inexchange for a possible 100 seater, and was told no, they decided to get out of the regional business altogether. The only reason DL still has Comair is because nobody wanted to buy it. There are still limits on the number of 76 seaters at Delta, and we expect those to get tighter after we get our next contract. The 50 seaters are going away thanks to the high gas prices anyway.

And, it's good you don't want to stay in the minors forever like EDpilot16, because there will be plenty of opportunities to move up when huge retirements start in a year or two. The numbers are actually shocking (some years have more than 600 leaving DL), and every top guy that leaves generates 20 or so trainings UP the ladder. When that stuff starts happening in earnest, being an INTL widebody FO lineholder within a year or two might not be uncommon. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Talk about a dumb diatribe. You love playing for the minors. You LOVE your CR7........Johnsonrod wants OUT of the regionals it seems, and he said he was gearing up for upcoming interviews, which thanks to scheduled retirements will be here shortly. I admire a guy who can see through his OWN part of the industry (regionals) and see what is actually going on. CHEAP outsourced labor thanks to airline BKs, that were not caused by airline pilots, rather bad management decisions. Do you need history repeated to you? Passengers don't like RJs, and thanks to higher oil, airliner managers are starting to dislike them, especially 50 seaters. They will be mostly GONE in the future, and you will see less of those CR7s and more Dash-8-400s, and then you can fly for even less.

I should understand though that you are very likely unhireable. Your cockiness about RJ economics and your lack of knowledge about who actually controls YOUR flying is apparent. Mainline unions control it, via scope clauses. Will the current clauses that were relaxed via a bankruptcy judge be changed in upcoming contract talks? YOU BET. Whether or not all of the larger RJs are locked out (smaller ones will go away natually via higher gas), if some are locked out or contracts not renewed, then it is a win, a win for passengers and for mainline pilots. That is the aim, and the recent arbitration win by CAL pilots towards UAL's management was just a shot across the bow. Get used to it. And, I hope your obvious insecurities start to mend, along with the probable ED you have. Johnsonrod has it RIGHT, and he will be successful eventually reaching his goal. Your goal has been attained already, which was to show everyone that your are THE IDIOT on FI. Have fun in the minors, with NO chance at the Majors.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Explain to me why it is johnsonsrod and people like him, i.e. YOU, feel the need to come on here and tell us how to live our lives, what career paths we need to take or how much a disaster it will be for us if we don't do what you say.

Why don't you tell us how to invest our money, where to live and who to worship.

I will do what best suits my needs. It's a risk I take for the rewards I will reap.

Here's something for you: CHEAP OUTSOURCED is the same as STUPID MORON and, like your life, it is redundant and unnecessary.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC NEW YEAR!;)

eP.

Don't they all have numbers or jobs at Delta? Didn't Dalpa fight for that after Compass was sold?

Nothing huh. It's ok jenny has your back. He'll defend the posts you make. It's ok, no need to be your own man. Just continue reposting what you read in the Major threads without adding any value because you lack that one thing needed to, intelligence.

eP.

Explain to me why it is johnsonsrod and people like him, i.e. YOU, feel the need to come on here and tell us how to live our lives, what career paths we need to take or how much a disaster it will be for us if we don't do what you say.

Why don't you tell us how to invest our money, where to live and who to worship.

I will do what best suits my needs. It's a risk I take for the rewards I will reap.

Here's something for you: CHEAP OUTSOURCED is the same as STUPID MORON and, like your life, it is redundant and unnecessary.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC NEW YEAR!;)

eP.

Because it is OBVIOUS you need help. But, it might be the BEST THING EVER to let you stay there in the Regionals. Please, don't even attempt to leave. I honestly don't think you could pass an interview, and especailly a psych test. You ARE LOCO........

And, I WILL HAVE ANOTHER FANTASTIC YEAR. It really is great up here.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nothing huh. It's ok jenny has your back. He'll defend the posts you make. It's ok, no need to be your own man. Just continue reposting what you read in the Major threads without adding any value because you lack that one thing needed to, intelligence.

eP.

It's funny, but you still have yet to actually debate him on any facts or any of his posts. You just call him names, and that really shows your own lack of intelligence. Johnsonrod will be ten times more successful than you will ever be, and you know it. He has a goal, and you have gas.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You asked...
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs231.ash2/50412_63364391494_3508789_n.jpg

There was no "trash" talking. CAL pilots started the trash talking, intimidation, and JS denying. That is a fact. 66 seat RJ's are flying out of IAH today, IN SPITE of your union. I simply want to know why some CAL pilots would rather Skywest pilots refuse to fly these flights instead of putting their own jobs on the line? What is happening today is EXACTLY the reason for having a union. Work action. Where is it?

It's all politics now. Union, management. There's no difference 'fella'.

Salaam. The current flts carry no CAL code and have caused much confusion from expert to amateur traveler. Additionally massive leverage was gained in the fight to wrangle back the damage of UAL Chptr 11.

Bankrupting union coffers in an illegal wildcat strike is typically not a winning strategy. Perhaps one day your 'diver' group will learn that. I never advocated a js war, but if put in the position of busting an arbitrator certified scope clause i know what i would do.

Go fly it my good friend. Log that turbine PIC. With your temperament I'm sure you'll have no problem passing a major airline interview. Asa lama lakum!

Nimtz,

What would you advocate I do?
I didn't bid for this trip and yet still have 2 days of IAH flying with NOW only UAL flight numbers, not available for purchase online on CO website, or via ANY website. Only available via UA website or any other travel site under UA flight number only.
You suggest I call in sick and risk my job?

I'm in favor of unionization and have not made that a secret.

Waiting for your suggestion or anyone's for that matter.

Because it is OBVIOUS you need help. But, it might be the BEST THING EVER to let you stay there in the Regionals. Please, don't even attempt to leave. I honestly don't think you could pass an interview, and especailly a psych test. You ARE LOCO........

And, I WILL HAVE ANOTHER FANTASTIC YEAR. It really is great up here.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Again with telling people what to do. I didn't ask for your help, nor would I call what you post "help".

Your life truly sucks and because misery loves company, you force your suck onto the posters of FI.

You will have another FANTASTIC SUCKY YEAR. Enjoy.

eP.

It's funny, but you still have yet to actually debate him on any facts or any of his posts. You just call him names, and that really shows your own lack of intelligence. Johnsonrod will be ten times more successful than you will ever be, and you know it. He has a goal, and you have gas.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What facts?

johnsonsrod said:
and the Majors are now making more money and don't need to outsource anymore.

That's not a fact. They maybe be making more money, but they CONTINUE to outsource. D'uh!

johnsonsrod said:
The mainline guys want their flying back that was taken away because of cheaper RJ operators.

Yeah so! Take your flying back. AGAIN, what's stopping you? ME!? :rolleyes: It's all yours to take, shut up and take it already.

johnsonsrod said:
UAL uses your CR7s from LAX to SEA. Why? Those sure are small cities.....

See two quotes above. The Majors maybe be making more money, but THEY CONTINUE TO OUTSOURCE! D'UH!

johnsonsrod said:
In the meantime, Virgin America comes in and takes even more market share away.

No ********************! By better mousetrap, I mean, they offer a better PRODUCT and SERVICE. They are doing just what Johnsonrod posted...TAKING market share. If UAL cared, then they should go into SEA and TAKE IT BACK. Sound familiar?

johnsonrod said:
CR7s shouldn't be doing it, and you know it. Even though you can't do anything about it, you shouldn't think it is normal.

WTF! What does this mean. I shouldn't be doing it, I know it, BUT THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT. His DUMBass says it himself. So WTF!

johnsonsrod said:
Cheap outsourcing is bad for this industry and unfortunately you are a part of it. That practice needs to stop, which will help us all out eventually.

LEAD THE WAY! QUIT YOUR JOB NOW! The practice stops with YOU! Not with you CALLING ME OUT!

Just like I posted two pages back. There are no FACTS in what he post, hence NOTHING to debate. All I've done is reposted what I had already posted. You came on here without reading a word of it. Jenny you're losing. I'm not impressed.

Care to continue your slide downward.

Just keep posting this: My flying belongs to the Majors. Major pilots control the scope. It's not my flying. My career at the regional is ********************ty. Johnsonsrod is a winner cause he polishes your nob nightly and you are going to recommend him for a nob polishing job at Delta. Blah, blah, blah. 14,xxx posts later and it's still the same suck for you. It old, boring and MINDLESS!

You may, one day, succeed johnsonsrod as the dumbest poster on FI!

eP.

Last edited:
As General Lee pointed out, the mainline pilots will help decide our flying via their scope clause. If you don't like that Joe, you can sue them unsuccessfully, again.

You're weak. Starting ******************** you CAN'T finish. Quit your job, help the industry out. Do it. :laugh:

eP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back