• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess Jerry needs to show all of his cards beforehand from now on?

Well the only thing Jerry has done so far is enter a backdoor CPA with Cal and then demand that ALPA give up the parts of the contract that protect us from losing our airplanes.

Not a great first impression!!!
Your "backdoor CPA" is someone else's "securing YOUR flying for YOU" before attempting to strike a deal.

Well the only thing Jerry has done so far is enter a backdoor CPA with Cal and then demand that ALPA give up the parts of the contract that protect us from losing our airplanes.

Not a great first impression!!!

Maybe his CPA deal with CAL secures flying 274 airframes worth for years to come for you guys...would that not be a good thing. All I'm saying is, it's kind of hard to say where this will go until we have all the details...
Cheers

First of all if we got rid of branded then that could put 400 pilots out (only 40 planes left) not 650 that your quoted. But I would think those 40 planes (all new LR2s and XRs) would be put into the UAL or DAL system. I am not willing to cancel out the CBA but I am willing to renegotiate it. If we lose (did I spell it correctly?) some more CAL flying (I would rather see SKW or ASA planes flying for CAL then CHQ) but gain some more DAL or UAL flying then I am ok with that. I do not care about keeping all the CAL flying, I only care about keeping all the pilots' jobs. Mabye we can restructure the CBA so we guarantee that no XJT pilot will lose his/her job during all of this. We also do not know for sure if JA and LK have come to a deal, its all speculation. XJT pilots need to be focused on securing our jobs vs securing the right to fly a/c painted in CAL colors. We need to be reasonable and not be stubborn as to hurt our future job security.

First of all if we got rid of branded then that could put 400 pilots out (only 40 planes left) not 650 that your quoted. But I would think those 40 planes (all new LR2s and XRs) would be put into the UAL or DAL system. I am not willing to cancel out the CBA but I am willing to renegotiate it. If we lose (did I spell it correctly?) some more CAL flying (I would rather see SKW or ASA planes flying for CAL then CHQ) but gain some more DAL or UAL flying then I am ok with that. I do not care about keeping all the CAL flying, I only care about keeping all the pilots' jobs. Mabye we can restructure the CBA so we guarantee that no XJT pilot will lose his/her job during all of this. We also do not know for sure if JA and LK have come to a deal, its all speculation. XJT pilots need to be focused on securing our jobs vs securing the right to fly a/c painted in CAL colors. We need to be reasonable and not be stubborn as to hurt our future job security.

I think you're seeing the light....

Gee, the most logical and sensible posts on here are coming from SkyWest dispatchers, wow.
We're also loud...like cabbies with an internet connection...ain't that right, Stif?

In all honesty, I think we (dispatchers) look at it a little more objectively from a business standpoint because we are much less emotionally attached to it...and because we see the business vs. operational side of things every day.

None of us want to see anyone lose jobs...we want all three airlines to prosper under SkyWest, Inc...because, if Inc. is strong, we are all strong...and that strength is job security for so many people...not just pilots.
I may have just peed myself.

Last edited:
the bottom line is this, without skywest buying xjet you WILL lose your job. skywest will never merge the carriers lists, its not what they want, they just want to secure flying in the long-term future. ALPA will never be the strong arm here, skywest pilots have continually voted it down and we have a good relationship with our management unlike many other ALPA represented groups. coincidence? it's funny how people can demand all sorts of stuff when they are the ones being bought. uncle jerry isn't going to tear down all you have done, just look at ASA. it's all about performance, if you perform you will be fine, if you don't, look for your flying to go elsewhere, that's just good business sense. you all could get skywest flying if we drop the ball on performance. the dispatchers are right, wow i just wrote that!!!

I like this idea Joe, but with one master seniority list, would the pilots be able to transfer between the different airlines? Like lets say an XJT guy couldn't upgrade there but could hold it at ASA, could he simply bid it at ASA and come on over?

I'm not sure how that works with CHQ/RP/S5.

Yes they would be able to bid back and forth, but there would be restrictions...Seat locks, etc....

The reason SkyWest wants Expressjet is because they can get a branded flying operating certificate and a computer reservations system etc. etc. It takes a shiz ton of money to establish those things and right now Skywest can get them for pennies on the dollar for future use.
The deal would also allow SkyWest to diversify their flying and avoid getting caught with their pants down in this big consolidation game. Jerry has wanted to fly for Continental for years and has repeatedly had the door slammed shut.

The biggest reason this is all happening is Brad Holts kid is an XJT pilot and he is just trying to bring the family all back together. :) ;)

Good luck to every one it is going to be a wild year!

Latest resources

Back