• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest flying out of ATL in Dec.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've refused an aircraft for less at SkyWest (one pack was down in the summer in California) without having a union and without even bringing the chief pilot into it.

Well, that's refreshing. ASA is truly the 'communist' side of the fence, and it has nothing to do with ALPA, but the leadership and corporate culture of the Worst Airline on Earth. Thanks ASA.

Well, that's refreshing. ASA is truly the 'communist' side of the fence, and it has nothing to do with ALPA, but the leadership and corporate culture of the Worst Airline on Earth. Thanks ASA.

I have refused aircraft at ASA for deferred APUs, packs, and autopilots. I never got the chief pilot involved or ALPA. I made my case and stuck by it.

Alrighty then...

"P.S. Thanks for buying our airline which is making you record profits..."

1) I didn't know SKYW pilots bought ASA airlines; 2) ASA contributions add to the bottom line, they are not the sole source. Further, if ATL is worse that the ORD ramp when we first showed up here, that will be troubling. As for the speeds, those suck, but block or better. Hell, non-busy SLC slows you to 250 passing the front range, so at least that part should be familiar to the SLC folks. As an ORD guy, I won't be seeing that stuff, but an ATL overnight would be cool (you can have PIT; we already do MEM and MKE o/n). Maybe if we're really luck, our pilots may run into the infamous Gen'l Lee (that is, if we fit in the same room as his ego).

Last edited:
As an ORD guy, I won't be seeing that stuff, but an ATL overnight would be cool (you can have PIT; we already do MEM and MKE o/n).

Why would an ATL overnight be cool? I live here and don't think it's cool. Plus, you'll just stay at a hotel right outside the airport.

Another case of the union being wrong.

"Skywest won't get our airplanes".

"Well we weren't going to get the 90s anyway, but they won't transfer the 70s"

"Well the 70s haven't gone to Skywest yet - don't believe it until you see it - it's just a bluff"

"So they got some of our 70s, it doesn't make sense for them to fly out of ATL - don't worry"

Blah, blah, blah.......

Jerry said he would do it, and ALPA just stuck their fingers in their ears like a 2 year old.

As for SKW coming to ATL, welcome. We will leave the LIGHTS on for you.....upstairs, downstairs and even in the SLEEP ROOM.

Speaking of, nice job on removing the light switches in the new crew room, so it's always bright in there. Who the hell prioritizes some of the tasks around here. We're last in ontime performance month-in and month-out, but be damned, those light switches need to be removed pronto. Must be part of "The Vision".

Sweptback, dude there are a lot of things to do in the ATL! You are a tool and just because you spend all your time on flightinfo and the airport doesn't mean everyone else does too. PM me if you need to know of places to go. I'd be happy to inform you of some places to check out. If you skywest guys have long overnights here and want to know of some places to chill out at PM me. Don't listen to all this negativity about Atlanta......THE CITY. The airport is another thing.

Last edited:
P.S. Thanks for buying our airline which is making you record profits and thanks for helping to outsource what little mainline flying was left.

Right, the SKYW pilots personally bought ASA just to ruin your life. Get real.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back