• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest flying more planes for Midwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Skywayers. Not good news about DLH. It was actually a pretty good overnight if you were the late crew. Where are the flight hours getting redistributed to?

In other news, heard a fairly good rumor that there will be no replacement for the 80's. If that's true, that's about as bad as news gets. That means TPG will not put another dime in the operation, bridge Skywest for Compass and Mesaba, and let NW demolish Midwest for the gates and slots in the system and maybe the hangers.

Some of the 328s are going through heavy checks down in Myrtle Beach, leaving us with no spare right now. The DLH routes going away pretty much gives us a spare now. Its been pretty bad lately without a spare :eek:

This is pretty hilarious...a pilot flat out hoping to throw another regional under the bus for more flying.
FWIW this is NOT the general attitude of SkyWest pilots....

Last report I saw in an aviation publication had KVGT (North Las Vegas) as the highest amount of runway incursions in the country. (about a year old though).

You sure MKE wasn't just for that particular state?

Gonna go ahead and second that motion. Any pilot who wants to steal any flying from another regional just doesn't get how this game works... Except Go-Jet, I'd fly those routes for free to put them outta biznatch

The new crew room is behind the BP on 13th & Rawson... Thats cool.... Sorry you work for such a sorry a$$ airline... Maybe you can go work for Skywest when you go out of business... I hear Skyway will be done very shortly....

Grunt, I really hope you are correct.

Does anybody else feel that this post is a shining example of the lack of cohesion among pilots and, dare I say, the degradation of professionalism at the regional level? I mention professionalism because there are MANY aspects to being a professional. You don't stroke a check to XYZ Flight Academy and, poof, became a professional pilot. A licensed commercial pilot is not necessarily a professional pilot. A professional does not resort to middle-school playground maturity ("My daddy can whoop your daddy...") in a discussion such as this one.

I have a daughter who is less than two years old. I expect her, although I don't like it, to have the "mine" or "me" phase. One would hope that by the time a pilot has reached the regional level, said pilot would have out grown that mentality.

If you want a bright future in aviation, you need to work towards MAKING it a better career as a whole. Don’t simply ride the coattails of others. Get involved. Make a contribution to making aviation a better career choice. You never know if your children will want to follow in your footsteps.

Carry on....

do they issue the "special heaven sent underwear" at skywest as part of the uniform? have they endorsed mitt romney yet for president?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back