• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest/ExpressJet plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually it's not. The purchase price was less than what XJT had in cash and cash equivalents. But I'm sure you knew about that fact. Just like you knew that the TA would pass easily, right?
You are repeating yourself... And yes Xjet still can't turn a profit.

You are repeating yourself... And yes Xjet still can't turn a profit.

Management is responsible for turning a profit. Pilots are responsible for following the FOM.

And I'm repeating myself because you keep ignoring that fact that you kept repeating that the TA will pass easily. What do you have to say about that now?

Why would Inc. buy two unprofitable regional airlines?

As an insurance policy for SkyWest Airlines. Solidified SkyWest with the lion's share of regional feed for the world's two largest airlines, giving them more bargaining power for future negotiations.

Management is responsible for turning a profit. Pilots are responsible for following the FOM.

Management is trying to get costs in line with reduced revenues. This isn't 2004 Nevets and our CPA's aren't as lucrative as they were back then.

Management is trying to get costs in line with reduced revenues. This isn't 2004 Nevets and our CPA's aren't as lucrative as they were back then.

Times have indeed changed. Our legacy "partners" (I use that term loosely) are making record profits while squeezing the regionals into lowered profits or even losses. This is not the fault of the pilots but of management negotiating crummy CPA's. Thusly, rather than coming to the pilots for concessions, INC should instead be looking at increasing revenue while cutting costs in other areas such as lease terms (gates, a/c, facilities, etc..) and maybe refinancing at lower interest rates on debt and such.

I am open to working with mgt on a solution but they need to put forth some effort and prove all avenues to profitability have been exhausted rather than just coming right to us looking for cuts to save the airline.

Management's job to negotiate CPAs. It's not the pilots fault that they negotiated loser CPAs last round. Why should we pay for it? Do any other employees get a pay cut in order to operate new machinery?

They want to run two separate operations with two sets of management and everything else. Why should the pilots subsidize that rather than consolidate and pocket the synergy cost savings?

Why should we validate our CEO wanting to whipsaw one set of his employees against another set of his employees, all so he and the shareholders can make money off of their employees? It's disgusting, unethical, and immoral. And you will never see me vote for anything that perpetuates that indecency!

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's the way of the corporate world. But I understandvwhere you're coming from Nevets and agree. I'll be there with you.

Latest resources

Back