Skywest/ExpressJet plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetstream

1. ExpressJet management negotiates a TA they are certain will get voted down.

2. To insure the ExpressJet TA is voted down, a few days before the vote closes, SkyWest management enters into a one year agreement with its pilots giving them a raise and other improvements.

3. As planned the ExpressJet TA fails.

4. As promised ExpressJet management refuses to negotiate further and it gets parked waiting for mediation.

5. While waiting for mediation our current CPA's are allowed expire and, also as promised, we get no new ones because our labor is in dispute. The CPA's could be allowed to expire and no new ones awarded even if the TA passes. However, this way the blame can be placed on the pilots.

6. After the CPA's expire mainline takes back their planes as massive furloughs occur at ExpressJet.

7. After the CPA's have expired and the planes are gone, SkyWest Inc. announces new CPA agreements and awards the flying to SkyWest. The planes are sent to SkyWest and they fill them by hiring former ExpressJet pilots at the bottom of the pay scale.

8. Eventually most or all of the SkyWest Inc. flying is now done under the non-union SkyWest banner. After this occurs the campaign begins to drive down costs at SkyWest. Without the benefit of a legally binding contract to give them some protection, the battle for SkyWest pilots is lost before it even begins.

Or maybe... "Reverse psychology"

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

http://dotzourfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/The_Princess_Bride_0342.jpg

Honestly. To may senerios...heck UA could say "get a no vote and UA buys xjt" and you could all be UA pilots next year... You vote for now and how it will effect the colective group. not "what if's"...

Last edited:
"7. After the CPA's have expired and the planes are gone, SkyWest Inc. announces new CPA agreements and awards the flying to SkyWest. The planes are sent to SkyWest and they fill them by hiring former ExpressJet pilots at the bottom of the pay scale."

I'll never go work for another Regional. I know many who would, but I will leave the industry before I do that.

"7. After the CPA's have expired and the planes are gone, SkyWest Inc. announces new CPA agreements and awards the flying to SkyWest. The planes are sent to SkyWest and they fill them by hiring former ExpressJet pilots at the bottom of the pay scale."

I'll never go work for another Regional. I know many who would, but I will leave the industry before I do that.

I agree but Comair proved half the list will start ALL over.

1. ExpressJet management negotiates a TA they are certain will get voted down.

2. To insure the ExpressJet TA is voted down, a few days before the vote closes, SkyWest management enters into a one year agreement with its pilots giving them a raise and other improvements.

3. As planned the ExpressJet TA fails.

4. As promised ExpressJet management refuses to negotiate further and it gets parked waiting for mediation.

5. While waiting for mediation our current CPA's are allowed expire and, also as promised, we get no new ones because our labor is in dispute. The CPA's could be allowed to expire and no new ones awarded even if the TA passes. However, this way the blame can be placed on the pilots.

6. After the CPA's expire mainline takes back their planes as massive furloughs occur at ExpressJet.

7. After the CPA's have expired and the planes are gone, SkyWest Inc. announces new CPA agreements and awards the flying to SkyWest. The planes are sent to SkyWest and they fill them by hiring former ExpressJet pilots at the bottom of the pay scale.

8. Eventually most or all of the SkyWest Inc. flying is now done under the non-union SkyWest banner. After this occurs the campaign begins to drive down costs at SkyWest. Without the benefit of a legally binding contract to give them some protection, the battle for SkyWest pilots is lost before it even begins.

Yeah, steps 5, 7, and 8 can all occur without the hassle of a TA at XJT. If you are the Company, why would you agree to a TA that you hope fails? You don't need the pilots to blame to execute a business plan if you think it is the best course of action. Why waste lots of money on contract negotiations that you never intend to produce an agreeable contract? Why run the risk of the contract actually passing and being locked in for 5+ years?

Awesome no future at an airline but maybe I will be able to get rid of these damn open wounds on my junk!!! Valtrex here I come!! What an analogy????

Latest resources

Back