• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest, Expressjet and SLC flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the sad part. That even with ALPA, they're sub-standard.

And without ALPA, it would be a sweat shop. You said, "ALPA will take care of them. To all the Mesa pilots out there, ALPA will deliver," when in fact ALPA has taken as much care of them and delivered as much as possible considering JO and the alter ego airline he started years ago.

The sad part is that people put them and ALPA down rather than try to help them out.

And without ALPA, it would be a sweat shop. You said, "ALPA will take care of them. To all the Mesa pilots out there, ALPA will deliver," when in fact ALPA has taken as much care of them and delivered as much as possible considering JO and the alter ego airline he started years ago.

The sad part is that people put them and ALPA down rather than try to help them out.

The best thing anyone can do is help themselves and not ever go to work for JO in the first place!!!

I think the hatred you speak of towards a pilot group comes when some pilot groups like Mesa and SkyWest take a substandard contract and refuse to unite with the rest of the industry. Then we suddenly see RFPs come out and their airline underbids everyone and captures the flying. Then our companies come to us asking for concessions.

Skywest substandard? Until recently ASA had what I believe we would all agree; a substandard contract. I would actually call it gutter or maybe a ghetto contract. Hmmm! The best ALPA could do all those years! How long did it take you guys and how much money did you loose over those years? So what kind of contract would ASA have now if you were still owned by Delta? Most certainly not what you have now. You guys used Skywest work rules as your model; the goal to attain. You guys really aimed high. Skywest work rules are on par with yours and pay; so you may be .50 more. Wow! Big deal. Actually yours is less, right? Lets not forget that 2% you pay. Now matter what you want to thing, ASA is and will always be the red headed bastard step-child here. Don't ever forget that!

BTW, on a different note. I like the Freedom billboard in ATL that says something about; less pay, high attrition, unhappy pilots and whatever else it says but then says, "To management, pay the pilots what they deserve" and it's signed by ALPA. What a joke. I thought that was what ALPA was suppose to do for the pilots. Do you know what a top notch negotiator once said? He said that,

You get what you negotiate, not what you deserve."

With all the money they have, top caliber negotiators, lawyers and all; all I can say is, "you're doing a great job for the regionals, ALPA."

And without ALPA, it would be a sweat shop.

Please. How could MESA concievably be worse than it is? Have you ever talked to a MESA pilot?

Skywest substandard? Until recently ASA had what I believe we would all agree; a substandard contract. I would actually call it gutter or maybe a ghetto contract. Hmmm! The best ALPA could do all those years! How long did it take you guys and how much money did you loose over those years? So what kind of contract would ASA have now if you were still owned by Delta? Most certainly not what you have now. You guys used Skywest work rules as your model; the goal to attain. You guys really aimed high. Skywest work rules are on par with yours and pay; so you may be .50 more. Wow! Big deal. Actually yours is less, right? Lets not forget that 2% you pay. Now matter what you want to thing, ASA is and will always be the red headed bastard step-child here. Don't ever forget that!

BTW, on a different note. I like the Freedom billboard in ATL that says something about; less pay, high attrition, unhappy pilots and whatever else it says but then says, "To management, pay the pilots what they deserve" and it's signed by ALPA. What a joke. I thought that was what ALPA was suppose to do for the pilots. Do you know what a top notch negotiator once said? He said that,

You get what you negotiate, not what you deserve."

With all the money they have, top caliber negotiators, lawyers and all; all I can say is, "you're doing a great job for the regionals, ALPA."

Did it ever occur to you that maybe ASA was not able to get more than .50 more than Skywest because Skywest management decides what they want to pay Skywest pilots, unilaterally. How could ASA even make a creditable argument that they should get paid $10 more than their counterparts? I'm surprised ASA was able to get more than Skywest pilots!!! Since Skywest pilots are not able to force management into real good faith bargaining, they will not be able to "get what you negotiate" because they definitely don't get paid what they deserve!

Also, not all ALPA members pay 1.95% in dues. All probationary pilots (usually one year and sometimes more) do not pay ANY dues. If you decide not to be a union member, you pay 1.45% instead. Also, many members are able to deduct 100% of their dues. Basically, the real effective dues rate of many members is less than 1.95% and for many, its zero.

Next, ALPA does not pay pilots. The company does. ALPA just tries to get as close as possible, given the leverage they have at that particular company at that particular time, to what they deserve. What do you have against a union trying to get increased pay rates and quality of life for its members?

Yawn. Working at the substandard airline for meager wages...it's not all bad, in fact, better than most I'd say. Some arguments never die; stupidity and rhetoric never get old.

Yawn. Working at the substandard airline for meager wages...it's not all bad, in fact, better than most I'd say. Some arguments never die; stupidity and rhetoric never get old.

Considering the not so substandard money in the bank, it should be much much better.;)

Who cares about any of this? Just grab a flyrod and go fishin. That takes care of it for me.

Me too, but i grab a bottle of vodka and start medicating. Wake up, wonder who's blood is on my hands and clothes.:confused:

Latest resources

Back