• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest, Expressjet and SLC flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there are any Mesa pilots reading this maybe they can share a recent issue of "The Negotiator." I don't know how to attach it here otherwise I would. But on page two it shows a graph of "Total Pilot Cost Per Block Hour" for April - June 2007 which includes salaries, benefits, expenses, and taxes. The source is from DOT Form 41. Anyways, it shows Skywest being ahead of Mesa, TSA, Pinnacle, and PSA. Air Wisconsin, Eagle, Mesaba, ASA, Comair, Horizon, and XJT were all ahead. But I will admit it is not all about pay anyways. Its about productivity, flexibility, reassurance, insurance, and advocacy. None of which can be assured without a NMB recognized union.

Okay, I will. Skywest should NOT be NEAR the top of the regionals. They should be AT THE TOP of the regionals considering their overwhelming success over the past decades, making $160 million last year, and with three quarters of a BILLION dollars in the bank!

SkyWest pilots are paid as high or higher, the DOT average is an across the range sumation, and since we have many 2 year Captains our costs are lower.

SkyWest pilots are paid as high or higher, the DOT average is an across the range sumation, and since we have many 2 year Captains our costs are lower.

Its funny that when you point to imperial data to show what respective pilots are paid people will always make an excuse if it doesn't fit their view. But they will point at anecdotal unverifiable data about their W2s being more than some other random pilot.

By the way, keep in mind that there are airlines in that list that have only 50 seat or less aircraft on their property and yet are ahead of the "2 year" CRJ900 Skywest pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back