Skywest, Expressjet and SLC flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kc1

Before I get negative I'll say this :As an XJT employee, I have no ill will towards any Skywest employees. All of the pilot's and FA's I've dealt with have been really cool. They seem like a good company in general.
With that said, I've heard that a select few Skywest employees have proclaimed their bitterness towards XJT since we are doing SLC flying for Delta. I seem to sense it with some (not all) of the SLC rampers (they may even be Delta employees). If that is the case, I think it's real funny that Skywest employees could be thinking tha.t way. They're one of the worst out there when it comes to "taking" others flying, especially with their big 90 seaters and substandard pay rates for those airframes. To get mad at XJT for flying SLC routes is ridiculous
I'm just writing this so that if you're a Skywest employee and you're bitter at XJT for "taking" your flying, you should reevaluate the big picture and realize you're a hypocrite and you have no leg to stand on.
To the vast majority of Skywest people, there's no ill will at all, just pointing this out.

although i never was iah based, many of my buddies said that they couldn't even get the express guys to make eye contact with them in passing at the airport when they were doing the continental express flying down there. it would be nice if people would pull their heads out of their arses and realize that we are all in this together. and yes, the 90 rates at skyw are a joke, but i would be willing to put a skyw w2 against most other carriers in the regional world. the financial and performance rewards in addition to probably the best cancellation policy in the industry (that being full guarantee for a cancelled flight, plus any overage for other legs that same day) add a lot to the paycheck that you don't get a grip on when you just take hourly pay into consideration.

kc1- I flew the SKW E-120's in IAH. Talk about the red headed step child! Your Ops freq was the worst! I don't wish you guys any ill will in SLC. Heck I've ridden your jumpseat from SLC- LAS. But keep in mind, we received this treatment first in Houston.

We were parked on the back row at IAH. The bus was ALWAYS late to get our pax. Ops would ignore our calls for A/C or ground power. ERJ's would always get boarded before us. All of this and just because we were operating turbo- props. Guys would take it personal if ATC inadvertantly called us as an "Expressjet" E-120.

as a former IAH emb CA....

to you guys whinign about being treated badly in SLC.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! why don't you transfer to your branded flying and get a clue....you guys treated us like shaet just b/c we did 1/10 of 1% of the flying out of houston....to VCT for god sakes.

wa...

Mookie

Sorry to add a little fuel to the fire, but ASA will be back in SLC this Summer.

Things will be back the way they are supposed to be. I don't care whether you talk to me or not. See you this Summer!

Ba, Bye!

although i never was iah based, many of my buddies said that they couldn't even get the express guys to make eye contact with them in passing at the airport when they were doing the continental express flying down there. it would be nice if people would pull their heads out of their arses and realize that we are all in this together. and yes, the 90 rates at skyw are a joke, but i would be willing to put a skyw w2 against most other carriers in the regional world. the financial and performance rewards in addition to probably the best cancellation policy in the industry (that being full guarantee for a cancelled flight, plus any overage for other legs that same day) add a lot to the paycheck that you don't get a grip on when you just take hourly pay into consideration.
Even after BK I'll put mine against yours and laugh. Who doesn't have that pay protection? I hope you have more guarantees than that In your agreement with nobody.

What a bunch of pathetic loosers you all are. You all sound like my grandma bitching about the weather... Get a life and start a thread that has anything to do with anything..

Sorry to add a little fuel to the fire, but ASA will be back in SLC this Summer.

Things will be back the way they are supposed to be. I don't care whether you talk to me or not. See you this Summer!

Ba, Bye!

Dammit Speedtape, now you've got me worked up thinking this might be a possiblity. I loved that flying out there...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back