Skywest earning call notes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest owns ASA, they are linked!

Skywest INC does, not Skywest Airlines. I know it is all a BS corporate shell game, but I doubt this would have happened if INC wasn't sure about it. In the Atlantic Southeast Q&A, it was mentioned that ExpressJet would be a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atlantic Southeast (NOT Skywest INC) while the companies work out integration. Based on the language that has been quoted here, I think that distinction will protect Skywest Airlines from being forced to merge. The fact that Atlantic Southeast is itself a wholly-owned subsidiary of Skywest INC may not legally matter.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong. Some others are posting similar opinions but seem happy that Skywest INC found a loophole to protect their golden child. Screw that. One list would be the best case scenario for everyone long term. I just don't think it is going to happen right now. Either way, I hope this thing goes down smoothly and fairly for all involved.

Look at United Technologies, Proctor and Gamble, General Electric, or Bershire Hathaway. These are all holding Inc's with many separate companies--a lot of which are very different from each other. It's the same thing here only its 3 similar companies.

Our MEC (XJT) hasn't even been approached yet. They will fight for the 1 list per our contract!

It's stupid to come to the table with only one option. Like the USAir East pilots only wanting DOH with NO negotiating. If this 1List issue goes to arbitration and they lose, will the XJT MEC whine like the USAPA pilots?

Be willing to negotiate. It could work in ASA/XJT's favor. But, no one never know unless your MEC is willing to sit at a table without being thick headed.

(BTW, I want 1List, but don't want you guys to F yourselves in the process)

It's stupid to come to the table with only one option. Like the USAir East pilots only wanting DOH with NO negotiating. If this 1List issue goes to arbitration and they lose, will the XJT MEC whine like the USAPA pilots?

Be willing to negotiate. It could work in ASA/XJT's favor. But, no one never know unless your MEC is willing to sit at a table without being thick headed.

(BTW, I want 1List, but don't want you guys to F yourselves in the process)

He is talking about our scope clause which was intended to merge all the holding company's lists into one group with one contract. We at XJT are not looking for anything that would be unfair to our ALPA brothers. We want a fair integration with you guys but we also want the intent of our section 1 to be upheld (which would result in XJT/ASA/SKYW merging their pilot groups into one). I think you misinterpreted what he was getting at. We are on the same team here, it is not at all like the USAPA situation.

The question here is did INC's lawyers do enough homework since the last try at buying XE. Will a judge go for the shell game of making ASA a new holding company and buying XE leaving Skywest INC out of it? Might work, might not. Bad for all three pilot groups if it works.

I can't understand why Skywest pilots wouldn't want to be in on this. 7000 pilots have more leverage than 4200 and 2800 alone.

And what their extremely competent and well paid legal staffs advised them was possible.

It's hilarious to watch a bunch of regional airline pilots try to out-think corporate MBAs, Skywest VPs and ivy-league lawyers.

Please follow steps 1-9
1. read the above post twice
2. read it a third time
3. take a 10 min. break and catch your breath, read it again
4. take another break and go upstairs to get your mom and ask her to
read it to you out loud
5. google which universities compose the ivy-league
6. highlight in bright orange, "MBA's", "VP's", and "ivy-league lawyers"
7. read it again with heavy emphasis on the highlighted terms
8. go back and highlight "regional airline pilots" in pink
9. return to cleaning your room and helping mom with the dishes

Xjunk is being salvaged (acquired) by SkyWest Inc. SkyWest Airlines is the airline that made it all possible years ago. ASA and SkyWest are the airlines of Inc. Xjunk is now part of a bigger better deal. By barnstorming in with your demands, does sound a wee bit like an us air eastee. Inc. Will prevail in this not xjunk.
One list could work but not with the xjunk attitude.

Xjunk is being salvaged (acquired) by SkyWest Inc. SkyWest Airlines is the airline that made it all possible years ago. ASA and SkyWest are the airlines of Inc. Xjunk is now part of a bigger better deal. By barnstorming in with your demands, does sound a wee bit like an us air eastee. Inc. Will prevail in this not xjunk.
One list could work but not with the xjunk attitude.

Bitter about something? Who's got the attitude.

I'm a dork because I say that "IF" the Moron pilots at skywest merge with us we will be the third largest airline in the US? Maybe ALPA will force an integration of the three and being non-union skywest pilots will move to the back of the line. Sounds fair to me since we always have to listen to the idiots on this board talk about how great Skywest is at riding the coat tails of all the union carriers.

You arent just a Dork. Your a JackA$$. Get a life and try spending one day off not drunk.

Latest resources

Back