• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest earning call notes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Merging the three together would make us third largest airline in the united states. Delta and American are bigger, and United and Continental will be once they are merged. We need to all pull together to make all three one group.

Just ASA/XJT.

12 month integration means they don't anticipate any protracted labor negotiations.

What happens? Does the CBA contract get re-negotiated/agreed to? Does one group's existing contract get applied to the entire new group?

How do these things work?

I would expect that this new pilot group would have to elect it's own MEC and ratify it's own labor contract, right?
I think they want just ASA/XJT, but when the courts get involved and review the XJT scope clause it specifically says any company that purchases XJT, that all senority lists have to be merged. So, in other words.. SKY,XJT,ASA pilots should ALL be ONE list. I see they are trying to find ways around it and hope that the judge doesnt see it, so they can keep SKY pilots on a seperate list. We will see! I think its better we all combine all 3 lists.

I'm a dork because I say that "IF" the Moron pilots at skywest merge with us we will be the third largest airline in the US? Maybe ALPA will force an integration of the three and being non-union skywest pilots will move to the back of the line. Sounds fair to me since we always have to listen to the idiots on this board talk about how great Skywest is at riding the coat tails of all the union carriers.

Dork.
Skywest stays separate from Asa/XJT
Then this will not go forward... XJT contract wont allow it unless all 3 are on 1 list. I give them props for trying and giving it a shot, but after the courts and everything gets settled, there will be all in 1 or nothing at all. Its a gamble for skw managment to try to keep them seperate, unfornunately for them it will have to be 3 in 1 based in XJT contract or nothing, Lets see what the judge does here!

What will be interesting to see is if the combined EV/XE airline is big enough to be considered an ALPA Group A carrier, therefore putting us on even par with the majors as far as union business is concerned.

Sounds to me like we would be: "All U.S. airlines with either 4000 or more Active Members in Good Standing or with projected annualized dues income of $10,000,000 or more."

I think before that would happen there would be a union vote at OO, stapling of the SkyWest pilots is not a realistic scenario...I think Jerry would rather pull out or just liquidate or asset transfer one of the airlines...

For those that dont' think the XJT scope clause is binding on SkyWest- I ask this: Why did SkyWest Management come to the XJT MEC three years ago and ask for relaxation on scope when they first tried to purchase XJT? Also, why did the deal three years ago fall through? -Answer- the XJT scope clause is binding on SkyWest.

Latest resources

Back