• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest earning call notes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me break it down for you. SkyWest, Inc. owns two airlines. One is named Atlantic Southeast. The other is named SkyWest Airlines. Atlantic Southeast and SkyWest Airlines are owned by the same company but have nothing at all to do with one another. SkyWest, Inc. has agreed to buy ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. in exchange for merging with Atlantic Southeast. SkyWest Airlines will continue to have as much to do with Atlantic Southeast after this transaction as it did before. Which is nothing. Not one iota.
You don't really believe this do you? Because if you do the respect for all your post's I've read will start to drop a little.

Last edited:
When was the most junior captain hired at Express Jet? The most junior captain at ASA was hired approx. middle of 2004.

April 2005 is the plug on the Captain list.

Now I just wonder how ALPA will handle seniority.. I don't see this being pretty.

I believe our seniority lists are very very similar. I've heard it might even be a straight DOH integration because we are so close.

XJT is being merged with ASA Holdings not SkyWest Holdings. Therefore SkyWest Airlines doesn't have to merge with XJT. It smells fishy but this apparently has already been pre-approved by Union leaders. The merger will only be ASA and XJT. This loophole was created after SkyWest failed on their first attempt.

XJT is being merged with ASA Holdings not SkyWest Holdings. Therefore SkyWest Airlines doesn't have to merge with XJT. It smells fishy but this apparently has already been pre-approved by Union leaders. The merger will only be ASA and XJT. This loophole was created after SkyWest failed on their first attempt.

Our MEC (XJT) hasn't even been approached yet. They will fight for the 1 list per our contract!

Doesn't the buying airline (ASA), have more leverage in how lists are integrated? Hasn't this been the case historically?

And what their extremely competent and well paid legal staffs advised them was possible.

It's hilarious to watch a bunch of regional airline pilots try to out-think corporate MBAs, Skywest VPs and ivy-league lawyers.

I have to agree...it is quite comical! I'm not saying that I oppose a single list, nor am I saying that the contract will not lead to that conclusion, but to hear these guys on here speak so difinitively as if they are qualified and schooled in contract law is laughable.

There is no question that the legal team at INC have worked through this scenario and are confident in there position, so one thing is certain...IF there ends up being one list, IT ISN'T going to come as a surprise to them!

You don't really believe this do you? Because if you do the respect for all your post's I've read will start to drop a little.

You think want you want. I'm not out to impress you. Instead of being presumptious, perhaps you'd like to tell us all exactly how EV and OO are NOT two seperate airlines.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back