• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest earning call notes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I honestly don't want to see skywest stapled, just get tired of all of the holier than thou skywest dorks. There is a fair way to do it, and then we can be the Dr. Evil of the airline industry.

For those that dont' think the XJT scope clause is binding on SkyWest- I ask this: Why did SkyWest Management come to the XJT MEC three years ago and ask for relaxation on scope when they first tried to purchase XJT? Also, why did the deal three years ago fall through? -Answer- the XJT scope clause is binding on SkyWest.

No, because at the time SkyWest Airlines, not ASA, was looking at taking over the XJT aircraft. Now, its ASA this time and NOT SkyWest Airlines.

No, because at the time SkyWest Airlines, not ASA, was looking at taking over the XJT aircraft. Now, its ASA this time and NOT SkyWest Airlines.
Skywest owns ASA, they are linked! therefore by XJT contract all 3 will be combined... but it will be in the negotiations when we will know, remember... this announcement is only what managements and the boards and investors agreed on. Next will be negotiations and once it starts we will see that XJT contract will force all 3 in 1 unless some judge throws that out! We should be pushing for 3 in 1 here... 7,000 pilots strong, get good contract and ALL be happy! no enemies here!

... this announcement is only what managements and the boards and investors agreed on.

And what their extremely competent and well paid legal staffs advised them was possible.

It's hilarious to watch a bunch of regional airline pilots try to out-think corporate MBAs, Skywest VPs and ivy-league lawyers.

Let me break it down for you. SkyWest, Inc. owns two airlines. One is named Atlantic Southeast. The other is named SkyWest Airlines. Atlantic Southeast and SkyWest Airlines are owned by the same company but have nothing at all to do with one another. SkyWest, Inc. has agreed to buy ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. in exchange for merging with Atlantic Southeast. SkyWest Airlines will continue to have as much to do with Atlantic Southeast after this transaction as it did before. Which is nothing. Not one iota.

Regarding the XJT scope, we did hear JA speak in the earnings call. He did say that thy have talked with all Labor groups leading up to this.

So, really everyone needs to wait and see what the ALPA leadership have to say about all of this.

No telling what they have tenatively agreed to.

Last edited:
And what their extremely competent and well paid legal staffs advised them was possible.

It's hilarious to watch a bunch of regional airline pilots try to out-think corporate MBAs, Skywest VPs and ivy-league lawyers.

Truth right there. Jerry Atkin isn't an idiot. That's one thing we can count on.

Now I just wonder how ALPA will handle seniority.. I don't see this being pretty.

Last edited:
Let me break it down for you. SkyWest, Inc. owns two airlines. One is named Atlantic Southeast. The other is named SkyWest Airlines. Atlantic Southeast and SkyWest Airlines are owned by the same company but have nothing at all to do with one another. SkyWest, Inc. has agreed to buy ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. in exchange for merging with Atlantic Southeast. SkyWest Airlines will continue to have as much to do with Atlantic Southeast after this transaction as it did before. Which is nothing. Not one iota.
Easy hot shot! You dispatch and I'll fly like we are trained and let the one's that know what they are talking about sort this out.

Easy hot shot! You dispatch and I'll fly like we are trained and let the one's that know what they are talking about sort this out.

Ok, please point out what I said that was untruthful.

When was the most junior captain hired at Express Jet? The most junior captain at ASA was hired approx. middle of 2004.

Latest resources

Back