• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest + Continental = Love

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CommutAir had a pool when we started the expansion with CAL and all the Express guys were hired first, then they pulled from the pool. When the additional props were first announced all eligble Coex furloughs were offered jobs. Many people turned it down and said "I'm too good to fly a 1900". My personal feeling is that if you didn't accept the position your union negotiated for you the first time you shouldn't be allowed to take a spot at Skywest. However, for all the people who signed up to fly the 1900 I feel they should be allowed to take a spot at SkyWest. I'm sick of all these pilots who think they are too good to be in anything less than an RJ. We got a bunch of good guys from Coex here at CommutAir. I would hate to see them leave but they do deserve the opportunity to go to SkyWest.

BE20AV8R said:
Skywest will likely lease the former Coex Brasilias in Roswell.

How galactically f***ed up is that? Nothing better exemplifies the state of the industry. Positively dripping with irony. Goes right along with the Germans being antiwar, best basketball player being chinese, etc, etc. Everything is screwed up.

"i have a few other friends still working at COEX who are more than overjoyed at the "flowback" agreement at CO/COEX."

I hope you are being sarcastic....I dont think there is anyone who is overjoyed at the flowback agreement. There is 300 or so on the street, downgrades occuring, and a recall class who is being told don't be surprised if they are furloughed again. There is no one that is overjoyed.

"Many people turned it down and said "I'm too good to fly a 1900". My personal feeling is that if you didn't accept the position your union negotiated for you the first time you shouldn't be allowed to take a spot at Skywest. "

Not true.....the top 33 in senority who signed up were not allowed to go to Commutair and were instead pay protected. I would much rather be flying a 1900 right now than working my blue collar job. The original plan was that the first 33 people would be trained at Commutair only to be recalled to COEX a few months later, therefore training cost would not be cost effective. In other words it is cheaper to keep us at home and pay us. Now that my recall class was cancelled at COEX they are stuck paying me the Commutair minimum every month along with the other 32. I am not complaining but I just want to make sure you understand that there are 33 of us who would give our right nut to be flying right now.

Everything being said, I will be surprised if they offer us SkyWest positions because as far as I know they were able to get people into Commutair form the 9-10-01 class. The only people left are the ones who declined Commutair and the 33 people bypassed

I would much rather be flying a 1900 right now than working my blue collar job.

Airline pilots are blue collar workers simply wearing white collars (unless you work for JetBlue).

it's a mess

this industry is so messed up right now it isn't funny...I also think as someone else metioned that the xjt pilots will have the 1st dibs on the right seat of the e120 before poolies like the commuteair situation due to this transaction and is only fair. From what i hear the fleet of this operation should reach approx 20 a/c. Not to sure who will staff the ground ops. I think all involved should get a fair shake till the industry get can back on its feet again. I know if it were me i would jump at the chance at skyw and not look back.
IMHO the cal/dal/nwa code share will be very interesting in the coming months w/ 6 exec's "retiring" and gordon talking of consolidation. Skyw and xjt may have a closer relationship in the future than we imagine. we shall see. :rolleyes:

"1) Skywest, as stated, will fly Brasilias out of IAH commencing in July, FLL thereafter"

What?? FLL!?!? If this happens is Skywest going to start taking over Gulfstream routes? Oh yeah, and the irony of leasing the -120s in Roswell...have fun with Christine (713).

the top 33 in senority who signed up were not allowed to go to Commutair and were instead pay protected. I am not complaining but I just want to make sure you understand that there are 33 of us who would give our right nut to be flying right now.

scottm,
I understand where your coming from. Like I said in my original post. Anyone who originaly signed up for a position created by the prop expansion should be offeredd a flying position. It's the people who didn't take the opportunity the first time that don't deserve to benefit now. Any idea when the 33 that were bypassed will get back flying? It's not right that everyone else is building valuable experience and flight time while you sit and wait. I hope you get back flying soon.

scottm...

maybe i didn't lay the sarcasm on heavy enough. my friends at COEX like the "flowback" like the Dixie Chicks like Bush.

Latest resources

Back