Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: SKW Bro's in IAH...

Smoove Ride said:
Not sure what to think about this. Our managment has only come out and said it was in talks, nothing signed yet. This was not widely announced at SKW, and was only for rumor control. I for one am not a big fan of us flying under the CO banner with furloughed COEX pilots out on the street.

I'm not sure that we would get into a P4J type deal. The reason SKW pilots shot down the USAir J4J deal was that it superceded our senority system in a big way, and nobody was down with that. With COEX it might be different. Hiring them and putting them in the right seat of the Bro might not be a bad deal for all involved..... other than the first year pay, of course! -sr.

Smoove,

I guarentee you our furloughed would take a 120 paycheck over their usual Best Buy Pay Check. This is a big deal for our whole pilot group and we sure as h*ll better see our furloughed guys in the right seat of those 120's. I am totally disgusted with how XJET crew planning (via the magical genius at CAL crew planning) has treated our furloughed pilots.
We have guys in requal class right now who probably will be yanked out and refurloughed any given day now. This of course is all due to the fresh batch of flowbacks from CAL coming back. The fact that CAL and XJET crew planning couldn't plan these type of things out p*sses me off, because our furloughed guys have been out a long time and now our basically being thrown back out on the arse.

do ya'll think that there with be sufficient CAl guys who would come over to staff the 30 props (if it happens), or would skywest need to hire off the street to staff up?

thx

UP

Here's how I understand it; whether or not it's accurate is yet to be determined:
1) Skywest, as stated, will fly Brasilias out of IAH commencing in July, FLL thereafter.
2) Furloughed XJet pilots will be guaranteed interviews at Skywest.
3) An Xjet pilot will be given a seniority number as if they were a new-hire. That number is theirs until a more senior XJet pilot comes on board and then it becomes theirs, until a more senior pilot comes on, etc, etc. That number remains an XJet number unless that pilot decides to remain at Skywest and then it's their number for good at Skywest.
4) Skywest will likely lease the former Coex Brasilias in Roswell.
5) There are 60 or so Skywest swimmers right now, not sure how they fit into the seniority scheme of things.

This is all word of mouth, no hard facts to substantiate any of this.
Hopefully things will work out for everyone. I have friends that I'd love to see get working again and friends in the pool...

regards..

As said above, I understand that there are only "Talks" nothings in writing yet but lets take a leap of faith for a moment...

Lets say that there is a code share btwn CAL and SkyWest and lets also say that there will be some kind of "props for jobs" deal to help the COEX guys that are out kicking rocks...

Would the group expect that they would have to jump through all the hoops and interview with SkyWest... and therefor be "behind" those of us who are already in "the pool" or would they move right to the front of the line?

After all...I have received my first addition of the "SWA Bi-Monthly: The Newsletter of the Employees of SkyWest Airlines"

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom.

Thanks

Well, I guess we were typeing @ the same time. I appreciate your info, still like to hear the best guess on how the poolies fit in.

I'm not really sure how the poolies fit in. It seems to me that there's three options. This is purely my best guess and the order I'd like to see things happen...
1) Poolies before XJet.
2) Poolies and Xjet'ers equally trained, i.e., 15 poolies, 15 XJet'ers in a class
3) XJet'ers before poolies.

I mean no ill will toward any XJet'ers, in fact, I can't wait to have 'em on board; I just think it's the right thing to empty the pool before bringing in anyone else. Kinda sets a dangerous precedent I think...

Regards

BE20AV8R -- with you!

I am with you brother! Keep your fingers crossed!

You poolies might not have a choice. CAL management might state that if Skywest wants the business (and I bet they do), they will have to do a prop-for-job deal. Take it or leave it. I bet the furloughed pilots at CalEx are expressing their views.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes: :cool:

COEx Deal...

this is my .02 worth... it's a WAG.

- my guess is that the poolies, since they are already hired, will go to class first.

- all the other pilot slots will be filled by the furloughed COEX, who will have to interview first.

- all other folks who had interviews before that were cancelled are "probably" screwed for now.

i think this is the most likely scenario. i hope we do hire the COEX guys. i have a friend who is furloughed with COEX, who i've been trying to get on here. i have a few other friends still working at COEX who are more than overjoyed at the "flowback" agreement at CO/COEX. we'll see what happens.... if it happens. -sr.

Latest resources

Back