SkyWest + Continental = Love

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro-

Brad Holt stated that any XJet guys hired off the street will go to the bottom of the seniority list and that IN NO WAY WILL SKYWEST COMPROMISE THE SENIORITY LIST. In other words no Xjet guys will be able to bid Captain UNLESS none of the current pilots want to bid Houston, if that is the case and the XJet guys have the Capt mins they can bid Houston as a Capt.

As for poolies, unfortunately if you have been swimming for 5 months and another poolie gets pulled out ahead of you for whatever reason then yes they will get seniority before you do and it goes by the last four of your soc. sec #.

Hang in there, I swam for 9 months and was hired right after 9-11. Best decision I have ever made!!!

Jeepman said:

Brad Holt stated that any XJet guys hired off the street will go to the bottom of the seniority list and that IN NO WAY WILL SKYWEST COMPROMISE THE SENIORITY LIST.

Does anyone else see the irony of the only non-union carrier also being the only carrier to do what's right and proper when it comes to senioirity issues? So much for unity, solidarity, and paying all those dues. This kind of integrity should be industry wide and not just when it's convenient.

Poolies

So, what in the world are we going to expect? Are the girls at XJT going to get placed in front of those of us who have been in the pool and tested and interviewd earlier. Has there been a decision... Confused...

Hotwing,

I can't say for sure whether or not Xjet folks are going to be given the option to come on board before other folks swimming in the pool. I don't think it would be fair given the probable amount of other furloughed folks from UAL & DAL currently swimming.

Again, I waited 9 months and later found out that others who interviewed after I did were hired into the RJ, while I swam waiting for the EMB. It worked out for the best because when I did come on board I held a line faster than a newhire RJ FO & consequently a better QOL. I too was frustrated, but quickly got over it and enjoyed what a great airline I work for compared to the MESA's, CHQ's & other regional airlines out there.

Hang in there & don't let those wings get too hot!!

Jeepman

Chill out bird....

Yeah hotwing, relax. Nothing has been announced yet, and you're having a coronary. Let's wait and see what happens when formal announcements are made by the companies. I'm sure you'll get your shot.

As for the "XJT girls" you keep referring to- some of us are actually male. :cool:

thanks for the reply...

Bjet driver and Jeepman:

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate it... I have several friends at XJT both in managment and on the line. I hope for the best for everyone here. It is frustrating sometimes and I know how lucky I am to be in the pool... Again, thanks for your comments and replies. I just broke the 3100 hour mark today and am killing myself here in Houston... The hot and nasty summer has arrived way too soon for me...

Take care!

Latest resources

Back