• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest: Confessions Of A Kool-Aid Drinker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does this mean that if we wanted, ASA would be stapled?? I think this would be wrong but I believe a lot of us, at skywest could lose our seniority. This seems like it would be a big ugly mess.

737 pilot,

No I dont...seem to have to keep answering this Q.....I have friends at GJ and I have no problem with them.....really dont want to get into the bashing and name calling anymore.

737 pilot,

No I dont...seem to have to keep answering this Q.....I have friends at GJ and I have no problem with them.....really dont want to get into the bashing and name calling anymore.

Fair enough, it was just a question! But I wouldn't admit on a public forum that you have "friends" at ho jets!

Does this mean that if we wanted, ASA would be stapled?? I think this would be wrong but I believe a lot of us, at skywest could lose our seniority. This seems like it would be a big ugly mess.

Well would you rather SGU dictate what they think is best. It's going to be a mess anyways. And no, it would not mean they would be stapled.

No, I wouldn't....but I am happy with my little niche in the world and would hate to think I could end up commuting because I lose seniority....guess Im being selfish and shouldn't be concerned with such things.

That's just the reality of the airline biz. The guys in Yuma were happy in their little world too, but reality set in. I'm sure the ASA DFW guys were happy too. Working for any airline, especially a contract airline is going to have unpleasantries.

I think auspac summed up the feelings of the majority of SKW pilots in his eloquent post. I've only been here just over 2 years, so I don't know much, admittedly, but I have yet to hear an argument that puts me over the top (except for mckpickle, with his persuasive points). I will say this however...stories of management doing everything in their power to save the careers of pilots who make mistakes are true. Hell, I know a guy who failed a drug test and still has a job here (after giving up his seniority). The bottom line for me is...what's going to happen if our friends at ACEY strike? Will they try to force us to fly struck work? I live in Atlanta. I'd LOVE to be based here, but not at the expense of ASA pilots.

If JA wants to sell the company to JO tomorrow, i have no control over that. It may happen tomorrow, it may never happen at all.I believe this airline treats their employees, customers, vendors much better than the JO's little project.

Should JA do the unthinkable, would OOs current agreement be in force? A real contract would be....

Latest resources

Back