• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah SAPA is a joke. And I'm voting in the union, but not happily. Don't you realize you just got Skywest's work rules, the one's they've had for the past 7 years? 9 year crj capt at ASA makes roughly 74. Skywest $72. Take off 2% and you're making $.52 an hour more after Union dues. "Get us some of it"? Gimme a break.

Take a look at the CR7 rates, they are alot higher than Skywest about $5-$8 per hour, plus profit sharing and the rigs. Ohh and look at the F/O rates too. ASA takes care of it' s pilot's, every 5 years!

Last edited:
Yeah SAPA is a joke. And I'm voting in the union, but not happily. Don't you realize you just got Skywest's work rules, the one's they've had for the past 7 years? 9 year crj capt at ASA makes roughly 74. Skywest $72. Take off 2% and you're making $.52 an hour more after Union dues. "Get us some of it"? Gimme a break.

We may have just gotten your work rules, but now they can't simply be taken away next week with the stroke of a pen. Yours can. No union, no guarantees. ASA may become the new darling of Skywest Inc. Y'all may want to lock your deal in while you still can.

You do realize that SkyWest has been paying "credit" (historical) times for all SkyWest DH flights for quite sometime?

that is BH's argument to many of the changes that come down is "this is how it has always been done". That statement was what he said about cancellation pay as well.

I wonder if Brad would be OK with me fudging my times by changing the clock in the AFIS. If I get away with it long enough, I'm golden. I just say "Sure Brad, I'm stealing, but I've been doing it for years! You should have caught me earlier."

We may have just gotten your work rules, but now they can't simply be taken away next week with the stroke of a pen. Yours can. No union, no guarantees. ASA may become the new darling of Skywest Inc. Y'all may want to lock your deal in while you still can.

But wait there's more!
We do not have PBS, Skywest does.

Easy....Easy Let's not get crazy!!

ASA will never be JA's darling.

Mostly a thorn in his side.

Originally Posted By Flyer2000
You do realize that SkyWest has been paying "credit" (historical) times for all SkyWest DH flights for quite sometime?

that is BH's argument to many of the changes that come down is "this is how it has always been done". That statement was what he said about cancellation pay as well.

I think I will submit that if the company wants the concession of credit times for DH, then perhaps we should counter with.....credit or actual whichever is greater.

How did Skywest change cancellation pay?

Where are you toolbag? All I hear are crickets chirping.......

This idiot has criticized everything ASA pilots have done from day 1...... Now that he is getting screwed, where is he?

-Excellent point!
He is in a bathroom at the MSP airport tapping his foot, but as soon as they open the stall door and see him dressed in the F/As uniform they want no blowjob from him/it.
PBR

Cancellation Pay was paid this way for 35 years...

Credit / Actual Block / PAID
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:45
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:45
1:30 / CXL / 1:30
6.00 / 3:30 / 6:30

Recently (last few months) it has been paid this way...

Credit / Actual Block / PAID
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:30
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:30
6.00 / 3:30 / 6.00

In other words we are getting paid only our minimum daily guarantee instead of block or better plus cancellation pay.

It's almost $6.00 an hour more at ASA on the 200 at the top end...that's pretty substantial!

Latest resources

Back