• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really care for Skywest to go ALPA previously. I have always been a union person but when my fiancee started there, I thought Skywest treated their pilots pretty well. However, after the joke of a "pay raise" that management gave (even with a possible union vote looming), it just shows me that they no longer want to treat the pilots fairly or give a crap. I say if you guys don't vote it in, that will be management's sign that they can pretty much do whatever they want to you.....and they will.

Cancellation Pay was paid this way for 35 years...

Credit / Actual Block / PAID
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:45
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:45
1:30 / CXL / 1:30
6.00 / 3:30 / 6:30

Recently (last few months) it has been paid this way...

Credit / Actual Block / PAID
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:30
1:30 / 1:45 / 1:30
6.00 / 3:30 / 6.00

In other words we are getting paid only our minimum daily guarantee instead of block or better plus cancellation pay.

Good Info. Thanks Ski Bum.

Now what I want to know is what % of pay does DH represent on average? No, no, I am NOT defending this policy. I'm just trying to get honest, good data. Yes, I agree we need to stop the slide, but I also want real info.

Anybody have an idea about this?

Thanks,

-JP

Good Info. Thanks Ski Bum.

Now what I want to know is what % of pay does DH represent on average? No, no, I am NOT defending this policy. I'm just trying to get honest, good data. Yes, I agree we need to stop the slide, but I also want real info.

Anybody have an idea about this?

Thanks,

-JP

Almost every one of my trips last month had at least one DH and sometimes more...and on the majority the actual block time was significantly longer than the actual credit we got paid!!! It adds up over the course of a month, let alone the full year!!!!

It's the principle to me. "Clarification" my ass. It is perfectly clear, no need to clarifiy anything, just man up and pay us like you agreed to.

Latest resources

Back