Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest begins paying for training again..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
701EV said:
They want to keep the evil ALPA out at all costs. I will also bet the CRJ700 guys get a nice pay raise.
Unfortunately, I don't think mgmt is too concerned about ALPA, yet. Hopefully this pilot group shows a little unity this time. As for the 70 rates, I'd be very surprised if they considered splitting the rates. It's too easy for them to offer a token raise for the entire jet fleet and act offended when we ask for higher 70 rates.

701EV said:
I will bet the Skywest pilots will see a lot of things coming from mgmt in the coming months. They are going to get real friendly now that ASA and ALPA are on the property. They want to keep the evil ALPA out at all costs. I will also bet the CRJ700 guys get a nice pay raise.

701EV

ASA and ALPA are on property, how is that? Last time I checked SkyWest Airlines and ASA are to different companys. Soon to be one company. After one year Skywest Inc. will transfer all of ASA assets to SkyWest Airlines so thay can get rid of ASA and Evil ALPA. good luck to all.

Late!

MELIT said:
ASA and ALPA are on property, how is that? Last time I checked SkyWest Airlines and ASA are to different companys. Soon to be one company. After one year Skywest Inc. will transfer all of ASA assets to SkyWest Airlines so thay can get rid of ASA and Evil ALPA. good luck to all.

Late!

MELIT,

Did you just crawl out from under a rock? Or does it have to be spelled out for you.

701EV

I had a new hire in the observing in the jumpseat about a week ago. His new hire jet class had 15 in it when they were expecting 60. They are having a hard time finding people with turbine time for the jet. He said that when he interviewed only 4 of the 12 invited showed up.

Please don't think it was any benevolence of SkyWest management to pay their newhires again. It is strictly business. If you can't find labor willing to work for free you have to pay them.

KUDOS to all you who stayed away from SkyWest because they weren't willing to pay you!!!! SkyWest is a great place to work but I wouldn’t do it for free.

I'm glad they will be reinstating new hire pay (if the rumors are true) It's not much but at least it is something.

Another heads up, also talked to an interveiw captain and said that they are planning on hiring 150 by the end of the year.

Take it for what it is worth......

I'm currently in class. It's true they are paying for training now. Class size isn't as big as planned, but life is still good. I couldn't be more happier to be here.

701EV said:
MELIT,

Did you just crawl out from under a rock? Or does it have to be spelled out for you.

701EV

Spell it out... You are probably one of the guy's that said SkyWest Inc. would never buy ASA.... It's funny that most people on this board think that they know what is going on and what is going to happen. Get a clue.

LATE!

The only reason they are starting it back up is because there is a class action law suit against the company about this and they know they are in the wrong.

Latest resources

Back