Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest begins paying for training again..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILStoMinimums said:
Congrats SKW!

Off the topic question: Can a newhire now expact an upgrade within two years if hired today? How many more airframes coming?

Going based strictly on what is known now the two year upgrades will end very soon. There are no more scheduled deliveries after Febuary of 2006 to my knowledge. Things can change but to upgrade in two years you would need the explosive growth to continue at the rate that it has. There will be 2 700s per month til the end of the year then 6 in January 06 and 5 in Feb. 06. After that you are back to waiting for attrition and retirements to upgrade both of which arent that high at all. 2 years ago the upgrade time was probably much different. I guess the bottom line is expect nothing because upgrade time is usually dependant on growth and it looks like the growth is starting to slow down soon. Things can change quickly however such as getting new aircraft or a new code share however that looks highly unlikely at this time.

what about the combined 46 aircraft coming between ASA/Skywest? Thats pretty good growth and the majority in my guess will go to Skywest...Lets just cross our fingers those incoming a/c won't be replacements for 50 seaters.

Last two RJ classes had the following base awards.

Class 1:
9 ORD
9 DEN
9 COS

Class 2:
12 DEN
4 FAT
4 COS
A few to ORD

DEN and ORD are junior.. COS sucks, DEN is a nice place to live.

FD

MELIT said:
ASA and ALPA are on property, how is that? Last time I checked SkyWest Airlines and ASA are to different companys. Soon to be one company. After one year Skywest Inc. will transfer all of ASA assets to SkyWest Airlines so thay can get rid of ASA and Evil ALPA. good luck to all.

Late!

uhh, yeah....

MELIT said:
Spell it out... You are probably one of the guy's that said SkyWest Inc. would never buy ASA.... It's funny that most people on this board think that they know what is going on and what is going to happen. Get a clue.

LATE!

And you were probably one of the guys going staple, staple ,staple, assclown!!

jehtplane said:

I don't work for SkyWest, so I could care less if they staple or not.

What is an assclown?

LATE!

kj6991 said:
I'm currently in class. It's true they are paying for training now. Class size isn't as big as planned, but life is still good. I couldn't be more happier to be here.
Maybe they heard this guy talk and decided it was time to start paying? Just a thought!

(Sorry kj6991, I'm just playin')

A few years back they were paying for training. Many of my friends as well as myself would have never showed up to ground school had they not paid us. You've got to be able to pay your bills. This has been an issue for quite a while and I'm glad it has been resolved. It still is not decent pay, but at least it will help a bit.

As far as upgrades go. Don't have a crystal ball but it looks like it will come to a halt 1st quarter of 2006. ORD and DEN are fairly junior. I know of FOs getting a line for their first full month on line.

jehtplane said:

That was me buey! Dont distrubute my credit to other people!

PS...Whats an A$$Clown?

Late!

Latest resources

Back