Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest begins paying for training again..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greetings...

What is really sad is when people get excited about making 19.00 per hour when it should be more of a living wage!!

Take care

ORD currently has about 66 lines. I read somewhere that that number will be more like 120 lines within 3-6 months. Look at another 250+ new hires by Feb 06'.

I don't get it. I'm just going to start reading on here instead of posting. I was just saying that I was glad to be here. ok, this will be the last post ever.

Dude, I hope you're still reading this...it was a joke. We were teasing you for saying you couldn't be "more happier" which, in case you didn't notice, is pretty atrocious english. Nobody meant to hurt your feelings, it was just good-natured ribbing. For your emotional safety, though, if that was unpleasant for you, you're probably better off not posting at all. In fact, now that I think about it roughly 99% of us would be better off if we posted nothing at all, myself included. Welcome to SkyWest!

Sept 8th class.
18 CRJ
bout 12 emb 120

The were looking for much more for the CRJ. Everyone in training as of Sept 1st will get paid.

All will be spent on the 3.2% beer. Takes much more to obtain desired effect.

kj6991 said:
I don't get it. I'm just going to start reading on here instead of posting. I was just saying that I was glad to be here. ok, this will be the last post ever.

kj6991,
Congrats on getting hired. Don't stop posting, just ignore the negative SOBs. Again welcome aboard and keep posting!

Joe
ASA

ILStoMinimums said:
Congrats SKW!

Off the topic question: Can a newhire now expact an upgrade within two years if hired today? How many more airframes coming?

Skywest management should not be congratulated for paying a professional pilot 19 bucks an hour to act as second in command of a regional airliner. As pilots, we also need to find this unacceptable.

When I got hired 5 years ago I was paid $19.02/hr. The inflation adjusted rate now should be $21.60/hr. So in effect pilots now are being paid $2.58 less than 5 years ago. It's good they are finally being paid in training but it's immoral that newhires are paid so poorly.

Latest resources

Back