Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest begins paying for training again..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
indianboy7 said:
Loftie's is gonna be even busier now......

Good, Maybe they can afford to paint the place. Hell,my garage has more atmosphere, better posters and a bigger ice machine.

jetpig32 said:
Sept 8th class.
18 CRJ
bout 12 emb 120

The were looking for much more for the CRJ. Everyone in training as of Sept 1st will get paid.

All will be spent on the 3.2% beer. Takes much more to obtain desired effect.

Does anyone know why their website only shows EMB FO and not CRJ FO under job openings, if they're so short??

could you expect to get a crj in FAT for a newhire? or is the upgrades faster if you take the emb and want to stay in california?

Bro upgrade is most junior in FAT.

It would take many years to upgrade in the RJ there...

Hey SkyWest Guys/Gals

I am considering leaving the regional that I am flying for now, and moving over to Skywest. I have several questions, and would really appreciate some honest answers.

1. How much is monthy medical coverage for 2 people (husband/wife, no kids)?

2. Is there a commuter clause in place?

3. Is there a duty and/or trip rig?

4. When are you assigned to your A/C type? (When you are hired, or do they wait until the first day of class?)

5. Is the relationship between the pilot group and management REALATIVELY good?

6. The SkyWest website indicates that they are only hiring EMB120 FO's. Is this true?

7. How long is a new hire usually stuck on reserve in say DEN or ORD

Thanx in advance.

To answer your questions to my best abilities....

1. I don't remember the rates for 2 people...I think that might be counted as "family", and that might be around $200 a month...maybe someone else can help me on this question.

2. No commuter clause, but I don't think anyone has gotten fired for missing his/her flight because they were stuck commuting.

3. No trip rig...but pay is greater of 3.75 hrs. per duty day, actual, or 1/2 of your duty time for that day.

4. You get your A/C type when you get the hire letter in the mail.

5. The relationship between pilots and management...well that depends on who you ask, everyone has their own opinion on that. I think that most people here are generally happy with management, but of course you get your complainers. I think they are doing a good job, otherwise I probably would have left by now.

6. I think right now all the new hires might be going to the 120s because a lot of the 120 FOs are transitioning to the CRJ.

7. DEN or ORD reserve is around 2 months.

Anytime...good luck if you get an interview. I think a lot of people are happy here. A few guys in my class came from Eagle and TSA and they say they made an excellent decision.

The medical kicks in 90 days after your hire date at the beginning of the next month. So if you were hired today on 9/17/05, your medical begins on 1/1/06.

Latest resources

Back