Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest begins paying for training again..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya, word I got from a guy in class is that it will be 60hr a month guarantee at $19.02/hr. Don't quote me though until a memo comes out.

About time.

I think management had to do something with the rumblings of a pilot's union in the formative stages.

I applaud management for stepping up to the plate on this issue. In my opinion it is criminal to require a new pilot to be in SLC at training, give them a SkyWest ID, start their clock for benefits, and receive jumpseat and OO pass privileges while not paying them a dime.

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
About time.

I think management had to do something with the rumblings of a pilot's union in the formative stages.

I applaud management for stepping up to the plate on this issue. In my opinion it is criminal to require a new pilot to be in SLC at training, give them a SkyWest ID, start their clock for benefits, and receive jumpseat and OO pass privileges while not paying them a dime.

GP

I too applaud management for resuming paying newhires, but I doubt it has anything to do with people grumbling about a union. I don't think they can find enough qualified people to fill their RJ classes who are willing to sacrifice 2.5 months of their lives without a paycheck.

damouse said:
I too applaud management for resuming paying newhires, but I doubt it has anything to do with people grumbling about a union. I don't think they can find enough qualified people to fill their RJ classes who are willing to sacrifice 2.5 months of their lives without a paycheck.

I didn't know that they were having trouble filling classes. Interesting.

The last time they started paying newhires during training was when just about every airline was hiring. It was easy to understand then how they had trouble filling classes. Wonder why they are having trouble now?

GP

damouse said:
You sir are correct. SKW would have never paid unless they had to. I'm thinking back pay is in order...

Rick James said:
You sir are correct. SKW would have never paid unless they had to. I'm thinking back pay is in order...

You should grieve for back pay.... Oh wait, yeah, nevermind. :D

I will bet the Skywest pilots will see a lot of things coming from mgmt in the coming months. They are going to get real friendly now that ASA and ALPA are on the property. They want to keep the evil ALPA out at all costs. I will also bet the CRJ700 guys get a nice pay raise.

701EV

Congrats SKW!

Off the topic question: Can a newhire now expact an upgrade within two years if hired today? How many more airframes coming?

Latest resources

Back