• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest and ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you several people in the past few years alone who have gotten the shaft from ASA, but ALPA stepped up to bat and git their jobs back. One that I know of was when the FAA was after a guys certificate over an incident in SHV.....another involved an intern (you ASA guys probably know which two I'm talking about). Those guys would have been long gone at SKW, but here they are still flying the line. I'm surethe work rules are some better over there, no doubt about that, but it's hard to put a price on job security. Whether you screw up accidentally or intentionally, it's nice to have that that ALPA card in your wallet.

IFlyFL410 said:
I can tell you several people in the past few years alone who have gotten the shaft from ASA, but ALPA stepped up to bat and git their jobs back. One that I know of was when the FAA was after a guys certificate over an incident in SHV.....another involved an intern (you ASA guys probably know which two I'm talking about). Those guys would have been long gone at SKW, but here they are still flying the line. I'm surethe work rules are some better over there, no doubt about that, but it's hard to put a price on job security. Whether you screw up accidentally or intentionally, it's nice to have that that ALPA card in your wallet.

I'd take my $100+ a month I pay for ALPA and my chances with the company. Those guy's SHOULD have been gone. Along with many, many others who are still here after intentionally doing wrong/stupid stuff. There have been plenty of instances of guys/gals screwing up, owning up and not getting fired OR violated. There HAS to be a better option than ALPA!!!

Hey man, I agree those guys should've been canned too. My whole point was that if ALPA would stand up for those guys, then they'll stand up for most anyone. I agree the union has it share of problems too, but can you imagine what ASA would do to us without a union here!?!?

about the same thing SkyWest does to their group. They seem pretty happy to me. Just my opinion.

I'd still take their pay and profit sharing and keep my alpa $.

true too...I agree it sound slike they're content over there for the most part. I just wonder if we'd know more about how they really feel if they had a union to spread the word? Every pilot in ths country knows we're unhappy because ALPA broadcasts it every where.....banner-tower at the the Braves games, billboards around Atlanta, local TV stations, etc etc. If SKW pilots had that exposure, would we find out they feel the same and treated similarly by SKW Mgt!?!??! If we were to be sold, I'm glad it was was SKW and no one else, that's for sure. I look foward to see what the future holds for us all. I think we're better off than we were before the sale.

Latest resources

Back