Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest (and ASA) pass benefits to change drastically?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ive only had a few isolated incidents where DL gate agents or other pilots have f'ed up my commute. The vast majority of the time, they are as helpful as can be, especially the DL pilots that have offered to ride the FA jumpseat to try and get me in the cockpit (usually FO's, but they are the ones closer in boarding priority to me anyway). And all the crews that have welcomed me on the jumpseat (again, usually the more junior they are, the more welcoming) are the heroes in my little commuting drama. I will do everything I can to get folks on board.

Not me. I don't commute so F them!

There are some behaviors among pilots which must stop in the interest of safety.

I've heard of pilots writing "9200" in the fuel box when the screen says "9340".

I've heard of multiple kid-counts right at departure time.

I've heard of pilots squeezing a few more carry-ons into overheads to make their weight disappear.

I've heard of pilots not adding 500 lbs of sand to the cargo compartment when the CG is "on-the-line".

These are dangerous acts which must stop! Even if a well-groomed Delta employee appears eager to travel on your airplane, we must follow the safety procedures. I'm sure he/she will understand that safety is the top priority at Skywest/ASA.

There are some behaviors among pilots which must stop in the interest of safety.

I've heard of pilots writing "9200" in the fuel box when the screen says "9340".

I've heard of pilots squeezing a few more carry-ons into overheads to make their weight disappear.

I've heard of pilots not adding 500 lbs of sand to the cargo compartment when the CG is "on-the-line".

These are dangerous acts which must stop! Even if a well-groomed Delta employee appears eager to travel on your airplane, we must follow the safety procedures. I'm sure he/she will understand that safety is the top priority at Skywest/ASA.

Like the method we use for weight and balance is so precise.... Measure the airplane with a micrometer, mark the weight with crayon and cut the balance with an axe.

Most of the time I take off in the RJ, that fuel will vary up to 300 lbs. That's my experience anyways.

Trojan

What to you fly and for who? Who f*ck are you to say these things you've "heard" are "dangerous" acts?

9200 when it says 9340--We put the fuel we expect to takeoff with not what we have when figuring out if we're below our max takeoff wt. Burning a 140lb of fuel during taxi is a low number depending on the airport like ord, jfk, lga.

Multi kid counts??----What's wrong with getting it right

squeezing more carry-ons---how accurate do you think our average wts are.
Do you think that 300lb fat a$$ weighs 190 or that lunch bag that 1d checked in really weighs 30lbs

If the wt and cg are in the envelope, why would we put 500lbs in the back. And I've never fudge 500bls or heard of anyone doing it.

What to you fly and for who? Who f*ck are you to say these things you've "heard" are "dangerous" acts?

9200 when it says 9340--We put the fuel we expect to takeoff with not what we have when figuring out if we're below our max takeoff wt. Burning a 140lb of fuel during taxi is a low number depending on the airport like ord, jfk, lga.

Multi kid counts??----What's wrong with getting it right

squeezing more carry-ons---how accurate do you think our average wts are.
Do you think that 300lb fat a$$ weighs 190 or that lunch bag that 1d checked in really weighs 30lbs

If the wt and cg are in the envelope, why would we put 500lbs in the back. And I've never fudge 500bls or heard of anyone doing it.

Way to answer like a prick.

He knows more about how things operate at asa than you do.

1. The fms and paper work fuel show the fuel at the gate, taxi fuel is taken into account after by both the FMS and paperwork.
2. Kid counts get very liberal by bad captains. FA: "he looks 15", CA: "he's a kid!"
3. Carry ons... it is irrelevant that weights are inaccurate. It is relevant that the one thing the weights don't count on is a foolish crew making bags disappear.
4. People do fudge 500 pounds. Many Captains do not care that the CG is out and would rather go than add the needed hundreds of pounds of ballast.

You and any crew that ignores these realities vocally on the CVR will pay eventually.

My ticket and all that I've put into this are not worth the risk.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no way that a DAL employee should be anything higher than S3C on a connection carrier, when that same connection carrier is S3C on DAL. It just simply is not balanced. Either way you cut it, whay should the proposal for ASA v DAL travel benefits be any different than say Freedom v DAL or SKYW v DAL?

If they want to change the ASA pass benefits, which I hope they won't, then at least be FAIR about it!

There will certainly be many flight attendants at ASA that will throw in the towel right away if anything changes, and perhaps some pilots also, like we're not losing enough already!

We took the time to get the numbers to work out the other day so we could get a DAL Flight Attendant aboard, the 47th and final passenger we could carry due to limitations. I can guarantee NEVER to take the trouble to do this again should the pass benefits be changed in such a way as to be "loaded" against our company and it's employees. It simply WILL NOT happen.

In the meantime, let's just keep cool about it all until we see what happens.

Latest resources

Back