Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest (and ASA) pass benefits to change drastically?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
This one is from the DeltaNet massage board, discuss:

"I am a SkyWest employee in SLC, and there is a lot of changes in the works right now in regards to out travel benefits. Our representatives at out corporate headquarters in SGU have informed us that we will soon be paying to fly NRSA on Delta equipment, and EXPECT it to take effect very soon. Apparently they have been in negotiations with Delta for a couple of years now, and what has been agreed upon is that SkyWest employees will only be allowed to fly for free on our OWN equipment. If we want to fly on Delta equipment, we will have to pay some type of service charge. However, Delta employees will continue to enjoy free travel on our equipment, as well as your buddy passers. We as SkyWest employees are outraged by this! Our biggest complaint is that we just keep getting the shaft when it comes to our NRSA travel. Our buddy passers already are not allowed anywhere near a Delta aircraft, only our own. The stupid thing is that Delta buddy passers are allowed on our aircrafts. Where is the equality? Are we not taking care of the SAME passengers and loading the SAME bags that you as Delta agents are taking care of? Are we not all ultimately part of the same team? Our parents are already paying this service charge to fly on Delta equipment, and we will have an incredible amount of turnover if we as the employee must begin to pay also. We are not paid NEARLY as much as you Delta agents are, and are doing the same flipping job, now we must pay for our benefits also! We do not believe this should take place, especially when we are already at a lower priority than Delta employees and their families on your flights, we are not bumping you off your own flights, so just let us on after you all and dont charge us! The reality is that most of the employees here in SLC for SkyWest are ONLY here for the flight benefits. Our wages are lower than most fast food restaurants, and free travel is all that we care about. If this new change takes place, many are ready to leave, and that will cause HUGE problems for a compnay that already has HUGE problems with attrition. The customer service we give YOUR passengers will only decline, and all will be effected by this change. Keep NRSA benefits equal for all of us is our cry! We do not mind flying on a lower priority, just let it be free! Delta...if you are listening, please help!"

This one is from the DeltaNet massage board, discuss:

"I am a SkyWest employee in SLC, and there is a lot of changes in the works right now in regards to out travel benefits. Our representatives at out corporate headquarters in SGU have informed us that we will soon be paying to fly NRSA on Delta equipment, and EXPECT it to take effect very soon. Apparently they have been in negotiations with Delta for a couple of years now, and what has been agreed upon is that SkyWest employees will only be allowed to fly for free on our OWN equipment. If we want to fly on Delta equipment, we will have to pay some type of service charge. However, Delta employees will continue to enjoy free travel on our equipment, as well as your buddy passers. We as SkyWest employees are outraged by this! Where is the equality? ....we will have an incredible amount of turnover if we as the employee must begin to pay also. ...if you are listening, please help!"
What is the situation if an SkyWest employee gets on a SkyWest flight operated with ASA's equipment? Where is the equality? Please help!

Pass benefits - hah! You want problems, just try getting bought by SkyWest.

Being owned by SkyWest means - you're looking for a job.

Fins, don't forget that DALPA is influencing this. Remember they filed a grievance when we got DOH pass privledges at DAL. I guess it is time to put more gas on the plane....

Nah - no reason to take this out on the innocent. I'm an airline pilot. My job is to carry the passengers safely and efficiently while providing the best service I can.

Then get on FlightInfo and bitch about it.

Nah - no reason to take this out on the innocent. I'm an airline pilot. My job is to carry the passengers safely and efficiently while providing the best service I can.

Then get on FlightInfo and bitch about it.

I agree fins, but the Delta pilots have influenced this pass situation, and I don't feel like counting kids to get Delta people on if they think they "own" me... If they get the same deal on us as we get on them, then there is no problem. However if they get a better deal on us than we get on them, then there will be problems... I for one am tired of being played between DAL, DALPA, and ALPA....

Siu Dude, perhaps the service charge they are speaking of is the $50.00 per year that we (Comair) pay per pass rider. ??? I sure hope that's all it is.

Why don't you go and get a job at DAL if it's that big of a deal, they by the way are why you have the job that you do.....

Why don't you go and get a job at DAL if it's that big of a deal, they by the way are why you have the job that you do.....

Where would DAL be if DCI stopped flying now..... it is a mutual relationship at this point.... they need us and we need them......

Siu Dude, perhaps the service charge they are speaking of is the $50.00 per year that we (Comair) pay per pass rider. ??? I sure hope that's all it is.

No, they're already paying the $50 fee.

Latest resources

Back