Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest (and ASA) pass benefits to change drastically?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way to answer like a prick.

He knows more about how things operate at asa than you do.

1. The fms and paper work fuel show the fuel at the gate, taxi fuel is taken into account after by both the FMS and paperwork.
2. Kid counts get very liberal by bad captains. FA: "he looks 15", CA: "he's a kid!"
3. Carry ons... it is irrelevant that weights are inaccurate. It is relevant that the one thing the weights don't count on is a foolish crew making bags disappear.
4. People do fudge 500 pounds. Many Captains do not care that the CG is out and would rather go than add the needed hundreds of pounds of ballast.

You and any crew that ignores these realities vocally on the CVR will pay eventually.

My ticket and all that I've put into this are not worth the risk.

1. He said "writing "9200" in the fuel box" so I just assume that he was talking about the paperwork. If I can take more pax and bags by increasing taxi fuel, then what's the problem. All we have to do is taxi with 2 engines to burn more so we takeoff with what we wrote in the fuel box.

2. I wasn't advocating taking liberal kid counts. If the gate say 4 kids and we see 5, I'll write 5 if it make a difference.

3. Carryon are suppose to go in the cabin. If we can bring a gate checked bag into the cabin, why not? I've seen plenty of gate agents go crazy with making pax gate checked everything including small backpacks.

4. I agree with you on this. If you're suppose add ballast, then add it.

The point I was trying to make is it's not dangerous to tweak the numbers to get more people on as long as it's within the rules and within reason.

1. He said "writing "9200" in the fuel box" so I just assume that he was talking about the paperwork. If I can take more pax and bags by increasing taxi fuel, then what's the problem. All we have to do is taxi with 2 engines to burn more so we takeoff with what we wrote in the fuel box.

2. I wasn't advocating taking liberal kid counts. If the gate say 4 kids and we see 5, I'll write 5 if it make a difference.

3. Carryon are suppose to go in the cabin. If we can bring a gate checked bag into the cabin, why not? I've seen plenty of gate agents go crazy with making pax gate checked everything including small backpacks.

4. I agree with you on this. If you're suppose add ballast, then add it.

The point I was trying to make is it's not dangerous to tweak the numbers to get more people on as long as it's within the rules and within reason.

Quit trying to squirm out of being a prick.

Delta folks are all ready S3C's on Skywest. Why do you think that will change?

Right, it shouldn't, but apparently they want to be S3 and S2 on ASA, and ASA be no higher than S3C on mainline. That has been the rumor floating around for quite some time now, so take it as you will.

Keep it balanced both ways whatever they work out....makes more sense.

Until connection carriers buddy passes work on mainline as well then the flights should be weight restricted to mainline buddy passes. Mainline buddy passes work on any mainline or express flight. It is time to reciprocate. This goes for DAL and UAL. If it is found out mainline buddy passes are trying to get on the flight then the answer should be sorry weight restricted.

Got news for you all..as long as Delta "owns" the seats with contract flying, they can do what ever they want with them. So, if the powers that be want it that way, bet your bottom dollar thats what is gonna happen.

Latest resources

Back