• Watchers 8

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ex j-41 said:
Don;'t use ALPA. THey are not in the business of representing regional pilots.

Any regional pilot will tell u this....

Ah I'm another 'regional pilot' who has been represented by ALPA perfectly fine. Dear god I even give to the PAC, too bad I'm not as enlighted with poor generalizations as you.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
BleDevAv8r:

You must not remember that you almost had one list with your brothers at Continental before ALPA stepped in and derailed it.
'

Fins, you are talking out of your @ss. This ain't your element, so be quiet.

"Skywest is about to have their Fee-per-departure rates lowered just like every Delta Connection Carrier. We shall see how "record Breaking" those profits will become"

You make it sound like SkyWest hasn't been down this road. The bulk of our revenue comes from UAL. Thier bankruptcy has been lucrative for SkyWest. No reason to believe that DAL's entry will break the bank or be significantly different. On top of that we lost Continental flying and SGU is still rolling in the dough.

I will give you, you know the company line well.

What caused these?

How about flying a 33 million dollar jet for $22,000.

Alpa and management have done a great job of making sure the public knows
all about how pilots make 6 figures.

I am just saying that we should get a FAIR wage for work performed.
ALPA failed to negotiate this. I pay my ALPA dues for what? So i can collect
food stamps?

Guess who negotiated the contract? YOUR negotiators. (Who are pilots on your seniority list. Who approved it? YOUR reps. Who signed it? YOUR pilots. Last I heard, we all had pilot ratification.

I expect ALPA to do many things. I don't expect them to change economic reality. When you can show me a play-by-play of what ALPA could have reasonably done to ensure you get paid a whole lot more, you let me know. They can't MAKE your pilots go on strike to get another contract.

ALPA is run by the pilots. It's no one's fault but our own if we sign away our lives to shiny jet syndrome.

THINGS I PAY MY DUES FOR:

Contract enforcement (fight my greivances)
Disciplinary representation
Accident representation
Aeromedical backup- one of their best assets
monitoring jumpseat agreements
Professional standards- if I make my FO that mad, maybe he'll go the union first instead of getting me fired right away

I don't agree with everything my MEC or ALPA nat'l does, but it's a democracy and I can't think of a better system so far.

Last edited:
JoeMerchant said:
So this 19% paycut at Delta is better than your 1.2% payraise because it ends in 5 YEARS! The last 19% paycut the Delta pilots agreed to had an end date also - it has just been extended.

Now this pilot is just pissed at ALPA. Hell he probably hasn't even done ALPA work for his own pilot group or have you?

Texx said:
Now this pilot is just pissed at ALPA. Hell he probably hasn't even done ALPA work for his own pilot group or have you?

Joe Merchant has done ALPA work...and he should know better..

Currently he is quite bitter and can't see straight on the issues....

Unfortunatley, he is using a one silver bullet blame game....

Problem is pilots create expectations on misinformation about ALPA. When thier expectations aren't met, all hel1 breaks loose... Air Line Pilot becomes the most expensive magazine...

Getting to the regional represenation issue....

About seven years ago their was no real Regional Rep issue... why? Becuase the growth and hiring into the majors was exploding! Who cared about the regionals....nobody was staying! Thus no ALPA issue...

Fast Fwd to now... guys are pissed because thier .......expectations aren't being met.... who can we blame. Let's play the blame game, todays contestants, DW and your MEC!

If you have issues with ALPA now then you had issue with ALPA then.....funny..I didn't hear anybody complain about the ALPA negotiated UAL and DAL contract... ALPA was great... the regional pilots were simply dreaming about those UAL/DAL payrates....

But...now....it is a different tune.... Yet nobody is complaining to management about their destroyed career expectations... Why not go to your CEO and complain about your slashed pay and work rules.. Think he will give you the time of day? Management are the ones repsonsible for generating revenue and your paycheck!!

The reason pilots complian to ALPA is because ALPA are the only ones that will listen.....

I guess your 1.95% buys you a b1tch session....

I'd rather spend my dues money more effectively....

I support ALPA PAC too....

Last edited:
nimtz said:
'

Fins, you are talking out of your @ss. This ain't your element, so be quiet.

You forget that you're debating the RJDC. While they may be good at scaremongering and yellow journalism, fact is not their forte.....

ex j-41 said:
Don;'t use ALPA. THey are not in the business of representing regional pilots.

Any regional pilot will tell u this....

Not this regional pilot. In fact, I doubt you'll even get a majority of regional pilots to say this. There's just a few malcontents that are very loud in proclaiming their hatred of ALPA. They are typically just your common line pilots that have never bothered to be an ALPA volunteer or even speak to their elected reps before running their mouths about things that they don't understand. I've found that it's best to just ignore them.

Latest resources

Back