Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
You must be kidding jehtplane!

1. "to protect your jobs": How has ALPA been doing in this department? ALPA hasn't been "protecting" any jobs except for those in Herndon.

2. "1.2%": At least it is a positive number. The Delta pilots are about to take ANOTHER 19% paycut. The CMR pilots are about to take a paycut. Watch for more cutting to come.

3. "future whipsawing of the pilot groups": How do you figure? ALPA hasn't stopped the whipsaw between ALPA groups up to this point. How would SKYW be any different?

Put down the Herndon crack pipe...

Joe

Now the difference is one company is making money, the other is in CH 11. This has NOTHING to do with how good or bad ALPA is. Southwest got a raise, unions bad for them?

JoeMerchant said:
So this 19% paycut at Delta is better than your 1.2% payraise because it ends in 5 YEARS! The last 19% paycut the Delta pilots agreed to had an end date also - it has just been extended.
DL is in CH 11, SKW is posting record profits. I'm not so concerned about the meager pay raise as I am about the fact that there's no end date. Hopefully DL will be turned around at the end of their agreement and they can get their pay back

Skywest is about to have their Fee-per-departure rates lowered just like every Delta Connection Carrier. We shall see how "record Breaking" those profits will become.

Waco

Alpa?

Don;'t use ALPA. THey are not in the business of representing regional pilots.

Any regional pilot will tell u this....

ex j-41 said:
Don;'t use ALPA. THey are not in the business of representing regional pilots.

Any regional pilot will tell u this....

Not this "regional" pilot. That sound bite that I keep reading on here is getting old...very fast.

-Neal

BleDevAv8r:

You must not remember that you almost had one list with your brothers at Continental before ALPA stepped in and derailed it.

JoeMerchant said:
You must be kidding jehtplane!

1. "to protect your jobs": How has ALPA been doing in this department? ALPA hasn't been "protecting" any jobs except for those in Herndon.

2. "1.2%": At least it is a positive number. The Delta pilots are about to take ANOTHER 19% paycut. The CMR pilots are about to take a paycut. Watch for more cutting to come.

3. "future whipsawing of the pilot groups": How do you figure? ALPA hasn't stopped the whipsaw between ALPA groups up to this point. How would SKYW be any different?

Put down the Herndon crack pipe...

Joe

enjoy it!

~~~^~~~ said:
BleDevAv8r:

You must not remember that you almost had one list with your brothers at Continental before ALPA stepped in and derailed it.

a) That is 100% incorrect.

b) ALPA didn't come in and do "anything" to either our process or CAL's process.

Please cite your sources or come on here with facts before making such claims Fins.

-Neal

~~~^~~~ said:
BleDevAv8r:

I have to disagree with that. Continental management was always STRONGLY opposed to a single seniority list. Explain to me how ALPA was to blame for that again? How did they step in and "stop" it?

If anyone did, it was our "brothers" at mainline in Houston and Guam.

pianoman said:
I have to disagree with that. Continental management was always STRONGLY opposed to a single seniority list. Explain to me how ALPA was to blame for that again? How did they step in and "stop" it?

If anyone did, it was our "brothers" at mainline in Houston and Guam.

Pianoman,

And how on earth would you know about any of this stuff? :D

-Neal

Latest resources

Back