• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway Exodus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO FURLOUGHS!!! Please don't start another rumor like that!

Something is definately going on. The original line I recieved was an 80hr 10 day off line. I pulled it from my box yesterday to find a 54hr 13 day off line. Seems like I am buddy paired for most of the month too. Seems kinda wacky since the BE guys are gonna be in a pickle next month. Anyone have any thoughts?

People are going to continue to leave Skyway until the company tells us something. Since the company has not mentioned anything to us since the termination of the deal, everyone is tired of waiting to hear "something." This is why I feel the mass exodus is continuing....

Just my two cents...

What do you want them to say? "We don't know anything more today than the last time we talked but the down grade and displacments are starting in June"

I heard this today, No furloughs. They are calling back the furloughed pilots back for a class next month sometime, and the displacement phone calls have gone out. If you haven't gotten one yet, you will shortly. So no new airplanes probably from what it looks like. Good luck to all.

Hmm

248to2.8 said:
I heard this today, No furloughs. They are calling back the furloughed pilots back for a class next month sometime, and the displacement phone calls have gone out. If you haven't gotten one yet, you will shortly. So no new airplanes probably from what it looks like. Good luck to all.

So if I dont answer my phone I cant get displaced, right? I still think something is going to happen with those DoJets. I dont blame management for not saying anything except that they are working on it. If they said "It looks good" then they would be accused of dangling a carrot so that people wont leave. Then if the deal didnt happen in 36 hours of that announcement they would be called liars. I like it when they just say what they are trying to do then what they think will happen. Everyone has an opinion and everyone expects management's opinions, if they make it known, to be 100% true and accurate. I been through this stuff to many times to get excited over opinions and guesses.

GP

greenpickle said:
I dont blame management for not saying anything except that they are working on it. If they said "It looks good" then they would be accused of dangling a carrot so that people wont leave. Then if the deal didnt happen in 36 hours of that announcement they would be called liars.
GP

Being called liars is probably the least worst thing they've been called lately, but I do get your point. But I would think that if they thought there was a snowballs chance in hell of us getting more airframes, then they would leave things as they are. As it is, now they are going to be spending lots of money, (or is it DAL money?) to displace 50-60% of the pilot workforce. What about the rumor, they were hiring pilots on the stipulation they had to work the ramp for 6 months first?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back