• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW to get more RJ's for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And there should be. I think every SkyWest pilot out there should do everything possible to help you guys out. Any of you guys can PM me if I can help in any way.

Might as well start asking questions about SKYW...

Are MKE and ORD the two junior bases on the CRJ? I am from Chicago, so either is fine (I'm pretty much living in a crashpad in MKE as it is). How about length on reserve/schedules in each?

Illini,

I think you'd do well at SkyWest. ORD is very junior, so living in base would the norm for you. Chances are great that we'll get larger there as well, depends on what happens with Mesa.

I'm with the others who would have been happier to see ya'll keep the flying, but if you want to come here you're more than welcome. Turboprop guys always do great.

Are MKE and ORD the two junior bases on the CRJ? I am from Chicago, so either is fine (I'm pretty much living in a crashpad in MKE as it is). How about length on reserve/schedules in each?
Yeah, both are junior. Reserve should be short if hired in the next few months

She may have t-props in her blood and boots on the wings, but I'm on the DoJet.

even better! you're leaps and bounds ahead of the 1000/100 CFIs that we hire.

PM incoming....

As a (do I say ex- now?) skyway pilot, i don't think the wrath directed at skywest is quite fair. It would have been the same with AW, ExpressJet, etc etc. coming into MKE.

I do find it somewhat humorous that there are now 4 job fairs for SKYW in MKE in the next month

It's not humorous. Skywest has already announced that they will give "preference" on hiring Skyway pilots and flight attendants.
I flew on the Midwest system on SKYW and you guys are awesome people, as I had a chance to meet few of you.
We don't rejoice the fact that Skyway is going out of business. I myself have 2 kids to feed. Just know that even though we are coming to MKE, we are not excited about the circunstances surrounding this deal.

Latest resources

Back