Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW profits plunge, still no fourlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest isn't furloughing because they are NON union. ASA is furloughing because they are union.

I really don't see the connection with furlough or non-furlough and being union or not. But, believe what you want. I wll be PMing you later this fall when the other shoe drops. Until then, have a good Summer!

SKYWEST INC. is profitable. This is quite an achievement in this difficult environment. Skywest likes being profitable. It continuously strives to maintain value for shareholders. Skywest doesn't Fook around...

Clearly your frustrations are aimed elsewhere. Just look your avatar. Having said that, you really don't think that if Jerry and company needed to choose between SKW and ASA that they will choose the latter right? Financially doesn't make sense to go with a union Airlines as far as management is concern. They will bleed ASA before they touch SKW.
Override is being here for a long time.
By the way dude, live and let it live. If somebody has a religion preference, who cares. If bothers you that much, go seek help.

That's why Brad Holt is still on the Skywest pilots' senority list. Atleast he'll have someplace to go back to. He was no dummy. He negotiated that before he accepted the ASA job.

That's why Brad Holt is still on the Skywest pilots' senority list. Atleast he'll have someplace to go back to. He was no dummy. He negotiated that before he accepted the ASA job.

Funny, just talked to Brad. Said if ASA were to fail, all of SkyWest would go under as well. I guess that's why most of St. George is transferring to ATL. I'd be a little more worried about the United side of things.....Not looking too hot over there.

Trojan

Funny, just talked to Brad. Said if ASA were to fail, all of SkyWest would go under as well. I guess that's why most of St. George is transferring to ATL. I'd be a little more worried about the United side of things.....Not looking too hot over there.

Trojan
I don't think it's looking too hot on any side of the house right now. Not fun to think about at all...

Trojan

You're so funny Trojan. I know Brad didn't say such things. I've been at Skywest along time and I know Brad personally. I'm not buddies with him but I do know him and even went flying with him from St. George to Phoenix and back in a C206 once. I just saw Brad barely 2 weeks ago in St. George. Brad has his house in St. George, his family still lives here and he spends alot of his time in St. George and still manages to run ASA.

If ASA fails Skywest fails. Are you kidding? How did Skywest manage all these years on it's own before it bought ASA? I don't think Skywest is worried about United or Delta. If you did speak to Brad did he tell you about the contingency plans Skywest has if United went under? It's not a secret. Ask him next time. No guarantee it will work but it's a viable one.

Employees are not leaving Skywest for ASA because they are worried about Skywest going under. Brad has been bringing them there to help out cause your own management sucks. Brad told me afew of months ago that in time he may have to fire anyone in a managerial position and change the mindset there.

Also do you know how Skywest, ASA and the holding company Skywest, Inc is set up? The holding company is in St. George. Skywest, Inc only has 2 employees, Jerry Atkin and the CFO(can't remember his name). Almost all administrated work for the holding company is done by Skywest employees. ASA submits its records to Skywest and Skywest personel does the auditing for Skywest, Inc. I guess Jerry doesn't trust ASA to do it's own. ASA pays 60% of Jerry's and the CFO salary, Skywest pays 40% and ASA pays Skywest a fee to do it's records. I would bet that any Skywest personel that is in Atlanta doing work for ASA is still a Skywest employee. I can assure you that Skywest employees at HQ don't want to be employed by ASA. They are extremely loyal people.

I know you're full of sh1t that you said you talked to Brad but if you did then you could again, so next time why don't you ask him why he's still on the Skywest senority list.

What else do you want to know?

You're so funny Trojan. I know Brad didn't say such things. I've been at Skywest along time and I know Brad personally. I'm not buddies with him but I do know him and even went flying with him from St. George to Phoenix and back in a C206 once. I just saw Brad barely 2 weeks ago in St. George. Brad has his house in St. George, his family still lives here and he spends alot of his time in St. George and still manages to run ASA.

If ASA fails Skywest fails. Are you kidding? How did Skywest manage all these years on it's own before it bought ASA? I don't think Skywest is worried about United or Delta. If you did speak to Brad did he tell you about the contingency plans Skywest has if United went under? It's not a secret. Ask him next time. No guarantee it will work but it's a viable one.

Employees are not leaving Skywest for ASA because they are worried about Skywest going under. Brad has been bringing them there to help out cause your own management sucks. Brad told me afew of months ago that in time he may have to fire anyone in a managerial position and change the mindset there.

Also do you know how Skywest, ASA and the holding company Skywest, Inc is set up? The holding company is in St. George. Skywest, Inc only has 2 employees, Jerry Atkin and the CFO(can't remember his name). Almost all administrated work for the holding company is done by Skywest employees. ASA submits its records to Skywest and Skywest personel does the auditing for Skywest, Inc. I guess Jerry doesn't trust ASA to do it's own. ASA pays 60% of Jerry's and the CFO salary, Skywest pays 40% and ASA pays Skywest a fee to do it's records. I would bet that any Skywest personel that is in Atlanta doing work for ASA is still a Skywest employee. I can assure you that Skywest employees at HQ don't want to be employed by ASA. They are extremely loyal people.

I know you're full of sh1t that you said you talked to Brad but if you did then you could again, so next time why don't you ask him why he's still on the Skywest senority list.

What else do you want to know?

Well somebody has their Jjammies in a wad. Settle down. Brad's house was up for sale, don't know if it is anymore with the economy in its state. Tell him I said hi and thanks for doing such a great job at ASA when you see him. So what happens to SkyWest AIRLINES if it loses its United codeshare because they can't hang on? Read the annual report buddy, we're all on the same ship going in the same direction. Reference ASA's cancellations in early April...

You're right, our Mgmt. did suck, and there is still some cleaning to do. Why don't you step off your high and mighty? You don't like it... I don't like it either -- remember that.

Brad Rich is the CFO for SkyW. Inc.

Trojan

Why would he be full of it for talking to Brad? Not only did we have a "town hall meeting" the other day, Brad and Scott are very approachable here at ASA, so its VERY likely he talked to Brad the other day.

Oh yeah... And keep telling your self that Skywest has never furloughed a pilot, because as you elude to many times, it is Skywest that controls every aspect of ASA.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back