Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW profits plunge, still no fourlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VERY true... but one of their top goals is to KEEP a union far away from their pilot group... if they furloughed top down I'd bet my nuts that a union would be on property....

Nice try,
Every friend Brad has is on the 1st page of the seniority list, the further down the list you are the less you know Brad. Junior guys will most likely be the meat on the hook. Sorry!
PBR

VERY true... but one of their top goals is to KEEP a union far away from their pilot group... if they furloughed top down I'd bet my nuts that a union would be on property....

So in other words, they can but as of right now the cost-benefit analysis says they probably wont?

If you are saying the cost-benefit is remaining union free...then yes it probably wont happen. I'd go further to say it will NEVER happen that way. People may not like mngmt at SKW but that aside...they aren't stupid people.

If you are saying the cost-benefit is remaining union free...then yes it probably wont happen. I'd go further to say it will NEVER happen that way. People may not like mngmt at SKW but that aside...they aren't stupid people.

Who aren't stupid? Management or the people? Certainly the management are not stupid.

Yeah, I'm talking about the cost-benefit of being able to do whatever a company wants with their at-will employees versus the risk of them unionizing. I would not go as far as saying never. I'm sure there is a specific cost that would tilt the scales towards risking unionization. Maybe its $10 million or $100 million? Who knows but is always a specific cost in the cost-benefit analysis to anything.

Skywest isn't furloughing because they are NON union. ASA is furloughing because they are union.

I think you might want to reformulate your question.

How many pilots have been fired from Skywest in the last year vs ASA. I would argure that skywest fires more than asa furloughs.... Rest assured the answer will be....fired, no but the resignations were in the triple digits... how is your non union now?

I think you might want to reformulate your question.

How many pilots have been fired from Skywest in the last year vs ASA. I would argure that skywest fires more than asa furloughs.... Rest assured the answer will be....fired, no but the resignations were in the triple digits... how is your non union now?

Absent, which suits me just fine.

Latest resources

Back