Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW profits plunge, still no fourlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goose, to much work to look at the year end reports on the SKYW website (not worth my time in this discussion) , but I have been there nearly ten years, profit per qrtr before the ASA purchase was usually in the 35-50 million dollar range, after the purchase that didnt really change. This means revenue increased but profits didnt, ASA has been either losing money or barely breaking even since the SKYW purchase.

I respectfully disagree with your numbers.
ASA almost doubled your profits in the first full year of operations with the Consolidated reporting. You would need to compare 2006 with 2004. If memory serves, the last quarter of 2005 was the first reporting period of the Consolidated operations.

So ASA has a grand ol' townhall meeting about profits decreasing, resetting of DCI rates, the need for cost reduction, a handful of days to drop or swap every month due to low coverage, and B.D. in the crew lounge yapping about the 700/900 block hrs. going up so much this summer they will have to offer time and half to cover trips, yet...

ASA more than doubles Skywest Inc.'s earnings, furloughs 80 pilots, downgrades, guts out flight training and standards, and looses 24 airframes...

Meanwhile...

Skywest pilots finally get an embarassing, dirtbag, "override" 700/900 pay rate, an actual paycheck for their F.O.'s before their Qual check, and keep an extra 200+ pilots on the payroll.

Am I the only one who sees the disparity?
I guess it's hard to tithe when one does not produce a paycheck : )

Clearly your frustrations are aimed elsewhere. Just look your avatar. Having said that, you really don't think that if Jerry and company needed to choose between SKW and ASA that they will choose the latter right? Financially doesn't make sense to go with a union Airlines as far as management is concern. They will bleed ASA before they touch SKW.
Override is being here for a long time.
By the way dude, live and let it live. If somebody has a religion preference, who cares. If bothers you that much, go seek help.

Skywest isn't furloughing because they are NON union. ASA is furloughing because they are union.

Another loser garbage troll comment by the loser with nothing to do but give his opinion where nobody cares to read it!

Brazilgun said:
They will bleed ASA before they touch SKW.

I think that was metro's point. And a very valid one. I don't believe he was looking for a fight so much as he was pointing out the obvious.

eP.

Each Airline, "SkyWest" and "ASA" have there own goals. SkyWest meet the goal + some. ASA did not make the goal, and barley made a profit. Im sure if SkyWest would have not made the goal they would lay pilots off. but they manage to do fine through the VOL and time off programs. "ASA" on the other hand needs to do somthing to get back in line with there goals. Two seperate airlines running under one umbrela.Thats why the numbers look weird. Because they don't report them seperate.

Latest resources

Back