• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW ALPA convert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, SKW screwed the pooch on this one. Having the Executive Board testify for SKW exposed SAPA for what it is, a representative organization to control and manipulate SKW employees. Or as some call it, the good ole' boys club. Obviously, MN isn't included. There are a couple bad apples in SAPA. Fortunately, many of the good apples (reps) work very hard to represent the pilots interests despite the "structured" organization of SAPA.

We might as well have BH on the SAPA Executive Board.

Last edited:
amazing that ME and JB and DL testified on behalf of skywest inc. in support of sapa. i thought sapa was a pilot group. why would management have such a vested interest in having these guys testify in court? and to not invite the president? this is going to be very interesting....i for one am glad MN did what he did, finally a pres standing up and telling the pilot group how jacked up sapa can be.

Even more amazing is what some of the testimony apparently was and the stealth tactics. Gosh, so we wonder how we got such a good pay proposal after all that hard work SAPA put in. This is too bad. Not a good way to inspire or keep faith in anyone involved.

dont get me wrong, there are some guys (and one gal) on sapa that really try hard to do what is best for the group. however, i think the structure is what the problem is. there is an apparent conflict of interest, and when 3 of the reps testify on behalf ot skywest to help keep sapa around, then that apparent conflict of interest seems less apparent and more realistic.

anyway, fun times...i hope i am not around too much longer to see how it all ends up!

A letter was put out from the SAPA President to the pilot group (summary)

- President was asked and refused to sign a confidentiality agreement with the company that would prohibit him from having open communication with the pilot group.

- President was not asked to attend the Skywest Pilots OC vs SKYW trial in SFO. Although the Secretary of SAPA and 2 other management supporters from SAPA were asked to attend and testify on behalf of SKYW. President of SAPA was not even told of the trial or that the others would be attending. The President attended the trial anyway and observed the following.

- SKYW claimed that SAPA is our pilot representative and they have a contract with SKYW...not true

- The secretary of SAPA claimed under oath in his testimony that he was the administrative head of SAPA. This is a big issue because the pilots are under the impression that the elected President is the administrative head of SAPA.

- Question was brought up about the eligibility of one of the members of the SAPA executive board (read - not really a pilot anymore, purely management)

- On another note the company is awarding the backpay for the cancellation pay issue that was brought up, but they are not going to pay it that way in the future. They admitted they did it wrong (ie paying it back to the pilots) but are basically saying that they are going to continue to do it wrong in the future.

Hope that helps for those of you that don't have access to SWOL.

They've seen the quote I have of yours, and they don't much care for your opinion. LOL!

XPOO,

Q) What's worse than being a pilot at a Regional Airline?
A) Being a Dispatcher at one.

Sorry, you broke rule #11 :D

Last edited:
XPOO,

Q) What's worse than being a pilot at a Regional Airline?
A) Being a Dispatcher at one.

Sorry, you broke rule #9 :D

Just for that, its swaps all around. Every leg is now an aircraft swap, with no APU. ENJOY!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back