SKYW ALPA convert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skynation,

because its fathers day and i have to run, i'll be short....

the market demands are purly there because of what previous contracts have accomplished. if we were not influanced by what other union carriers do, and the threat of a union, do you honestly believe we would have the pay and QOL

with regards to the insurance policy; I didn't just make this decision over night. I have many, many friends who work at union airlines, and while not perfect, most of them think were nuts if we pass on this opportunity. It's a tough decision though, because you and I know how different SkyWest can be from other carriers. Also, talk to the folks who have been here for 10+ years. They will paint a much different picture of the life we have now. While I would love to kick the union thing aside and go back to those good ole' days, its just not possible. It worries me being at a future SkyWest run by accounts and MBA's, one without Ron, Jerry, and other founding fathers, without Union representation.

I agree with you on most things. I will be the first to second your posts with regards to how unique and great this place can be, but we are not pointed in the right direction anymore. SGU's obligation is to its share holders. Not my family. And rightly so. Its how it works, but I've got to take care of the kids........

Skynation,

the market demands are purly there because of what previous contracts have accomplished. if we were not influanced by what other union carriers do, and the threat of a union, do you honestly believe we would have the pay and QOL

with regards to the insurance policy; I didn't just make this decision over night. I have many, many friends who work at union airlines, and while not perfect, most of them think were nuts if we pass on this opportunity. It's a tough decision though, because you and I know how different SkyWest can be from other carriers. Also, talk to the folks who have been here for 10+ years. They will paint a much different picture of the life we have now. While I would love to kick the union thing aside and go back to those good ole' days, its just not possible. It worries me being at a future SkyWest run by accounts and MBA's, one without Ron, Jerry, and other founding fathers, without Union representation.

I agree with you on most things. I will be the first to second your posts with regards to how unique and great this place can be, but we are not pointed in the right direction anymore. SGU's obligation is to its share holders. Not my family. And rightly so. Its how it works, but I've got to take care of the kids........

That's about as square on the head as you can put it. Thanks for the insight.

Trojan

Livingston and his cronies speaking to the general members who have been complaining about how miserably inept and unresponsive sapa has been are told the following:

"instead of complaining about how inneffective
Sapa is why dont you run for a position and get involved?....use the representative structure that is in place now until if/when some other organization is desired by the majority of pilots"

So someone is very upfront about how skeptical they are about sapa's ability to get things done but throws their towel in the ring anyway and is elected president by the general membership that are tired of the sapa good ol boys club.

Livingston and his cronnies now:

"You pro-Alpa people coming in here trying to infiltrate and overthrough my sapa, how dare you?!"

Livington, Black, Alden and Eisenstat TIME TO GO!!!

A little hypocrisy goes a long way, huh? Time for them to go............

Skynation,

Yep................well said

Happy Fathers Day all!

MN phrased his email in a manner that made the other EB members appear to be testifying against the SKW pilot group. Recently, 2 of the 3 EB members responded to MN's comments in the SAPA forums, and it appears now that MN's biased interpretation of their intent was wrong. Pretty sophmoric in retrospect.

MN phrased his email in a manner that made the other EB members appear to be testifying against the SKW pilot group. Recently, 2 of the 3 EB members responded to MN's comments in the SAPA forums, and it appears now that MN's biased interpretation of their intent was wrong. Pretty sophmoric in retrospect.

I love high school drama!!!

I'll support ALPA if it is voted in.

will you guys who support it now uphold the decision made by this pilot group if ALPA is not voted in? or will you chalk it up to a million excuses, like how we aren't united as a pilot group, or blame it on all the newhires (many former ALPA), and so on and so on?

I don't expect much. however, if it fails, I'd have a lot of respect for the OC and it's supporters if they simply said 'our argument wasn't compelling enough to win the pilot group over.' I believe that is already the case, but I'm anticipating the spin, when and if this thing ever has enough support to even be put to a vote.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back