• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyking captain YIKES...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meh, its all in the timing. My first commuter gig was in '01. I missed furlough by 10 numbers. Commuter and parent airlined failed and evetually folded. I jumped ship early and spent a few years doing very different types of flying to see what I liked. Not the fastest way to be a Captain in a Boeing, but in hindsight, I really don't care anymore. I realized that flying the smallest airplane for biggest check with the least amount of flying is what makes me happy. If flying illegals back to Honduras or boxes to Hong Kong makes you happy, good for you. As long as you are happy with the type of flying you are doing, nobody else's opinion matters.

Caravan driver at 19
Shorts Captain at 20
Convair 580 Captain at 23(had to wait a week for my type cause I wasn't 23 when I hired on)
Part 121 Chief Pilot at 24
727 Captain at 25
757 Captain at 30

Do I win anything?!
The barometer is what you got paid.

I don't think anyone is hating on this guy... I think that those of us with similar backgrounds flying heavies at young ages with similar resumes working for 3rd tier cargo companies that have been around longer and kicked in the ass a bit more by this industry simply realize that equipment doesnt mean a damn thing. There's allot of us that would gladly trade in our experience fling DC8's and 747's in our early 20's for flying a 152 for more time at home and better work rules and pay... It's just not about the equipment.. It's all about time off with family, the amount of money rolling in your bank account to provide for your family and how well u r treated on the road and the longevity outlook of the outfit u r working your ass off for and accruing seniority for. That's all that matters. I don't think anyone is hating on or wishing Ill will on this guy; but, simply providing some prospective on this issue

Latest resources

Back