• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, sadly she passed away from breast cancer about four years ago, so I don't think anyone will be "doing her".

I got a call from Skybus the other day, I was listed as a reference for someone that I dont know. I dont know how that happened (though I was called for a guy I know, maybe they got names and numbers mixed). The applicant is a USAir pilot, thats what she said. Not sure if it was a furloughed, or one of the many USAir Express carriers.

I copied this off their website. Is this a joke?

"Required to show up on first day of work with a laptop computer with wireless internet connectivity and capable of reading a memory stick and CD-ROM"

Other required equipment:

(1) Backpack (to carry manuals)

(1) Pair Oakley sunglasses

(1) Automobile in running condition (for delivering pizzas to supplement pay).

An FO's pay is cut in half at most majors, are they doing same at this place for captains? Anyone know what second year pay is?

Yeah, it was kind of funny actually. Their Chief Pilot was saying they paid 65 grand to start, so I said "That's what I made at JetBlue this year." He asked if I was a Captain, and I said "No, I was a newhire FO." Then he says "Yeah, but we'll give you 4800 stock options at $5.00." I replied "JetBlue gave me 9000 and I'm immediately vested." He says "We're estimating an IPO of $70.00." I asked if I could get that in writing. :p Actually, kind of a fun exchange since I had absolutely ZERO desire to go there. The HR chick was doable though. And she definitely knew it. She and Stephanie Grantham from AirTran were definitely dressed to pick up guys in the hotel bar later. I called it an early night though, so I don't know if anyone got a "job interview". :p

estimating an IPO of $70? that's more than google's and they had millions of $$$ in profits before going public..........

the only way they get an IPO of $70 is if they go public with 2 shares!!!!!

:uzi: ........ SkyBus Pilot

Rest of the airline industry workers................:angryfire :eek: :puke: :crying:

Management's response to Skybus' new benefits and wage practice on other airline group's compensation..............:smash: and :beer:

"SCAB"US Airlines. "We're willin' to do it for half because flying a big Airbus gets me the chicks.":cool:

Skybus employees should be embarrassed and should also be ready to catch a lot a heck from the rest of the industry who are trying to keep up some semblance of a higher quality of life and crawl out of this abyss we have been pushed into over the last 5 years.

I am usually quite objective, but this company is already getting under my skin. :bomb: An Airbus Captain for 65K a year. Oh my!

(little round animated faces are fun):D

Latest resources

Back