• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys lets look at some of our first year Capt pay at: NWA, American, Continental, US Airways, and UPS all have first year Captain Pay below $40 dollars an hour.

No legacy is paying any Captain first-year pay, and probably hasn't for 70 years, so using that analogy to justify flying narrow-bodies for RJ pay only gives you that "SNJ" stench.

And a little fact-checking shows you were wrong about the first airline you posted . . NWA shows lowest CA pay at $113./hr and again, there is no one in the left seat under 11 years.

http://www.skybus.com/careers_jobDescription.aspx?CareerID=32

Pilot in Command

Job description:
Responsible for transporting Guests on A319 aircraft safely, with care, to their destiantion, ensuring that the Federal Aviation Regulations are complied with always. Based in CMH Schedule will be out and backs 4800 Stock Options Training in Miami, FL

Qualification Requirements:
You must indicate that you meet the requirements listed below by checking the corresponding items.

-5000 Total time
-1500 Turbine PIC
-ATP
-FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
-20/20 corrected vision
-Required to show up on first day of work with a laptop computer with wireless internet connectivity and capable of reading a memory stick and CD-ROM
-Legally authorized to work in the USA

I like how you have to show up with a computer. I know most of us have computers but what if you just bought a new fancy PC and got rid of your old laptop, now you have to go buy a laptop, just to go to work. Seems like they should be giving you a laptop.

Another opportunity to lower the pay bar in this industry.... Why not import Chinese pilots and pay them $20K per year? They will thank you for it.

You need to wait and see what happens.

We don't and shouldn't.
It's gone far enough!
I know people in non-skilled labor positions that make more. We've spent tens of thousands of $ to train and educate ourselves for what?

Flying an Airbus from the left seat isn't an entry level position, and it's about time that we as professionals start sticking together and demanding more responsible compensation for what we do!!!
PERIOD

MAYBE WE SHOULD BAND TOGETHER AND START AN ORGINIZATION, IE; "THE BROTHERHOOD OF PILOTS" THAT WILL PROTECT US FROM THE MESA'S/SKYBUSES IN THE COUNTRY!!!!

Last edited:
I have been saying that for years on this board.

Unfortunately, most guys don't seem to grasp the concept . . . . it's not a common seniority list, it's simply a minimum pay for each aircraft type. Your own union (ALPA, in-house, IBT, whatever you have elected to represent you) can always negotiate more, but never less. That would level the playing field for all carriers and take pilot pay off the table.

As for the minimum pay rates, think Delta 2001.

Ty,

Maybe they're just trying to get that 500 PIC 121 that yall require, so they can come over to Airtran.

Ty,

Maybe they're just trying to get that 500 PIC 121 that yall require, so they can come over to Airtran.

That requirement is not set in stone. I have helped two guys on this board get hired without it . . . . .

And do you know how many times those ungrateful SOB's have mowed my lawn, detailed my car, or powerwashed my house in appreciation? Zilch. Zero . . . Zip . . . . Nada . . . . . Guys, are you listening? :smash:

From now on . . . no more Mr. Nice Guy . . . . that'll be a requirement . . . . no rec . . . 'til you powerwash my deck. No vote, 'til you wash my boat. No call, 'til you do it all. :laugh:

Can't wait for Spring . . . . . . Heh-heh!

"Workin' at the car wash- yeah! . . . wo-oh. wo-oh wo-oh, wo-ah"!

Last edited:
Well then dang it man, what does a south'n brotha have to do to get the hook up? And a fellow former Westwind driver at that. Ready to resign the 5 year seniority number right now.

Heck I thought I remembered you being in Mobile at one point right?

Have shammy, will travel.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back