• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John Weikle, one of the original founders is trying to resurrect it. It won't be called Skybus, but he's trying his hardest to start it again either out of CMH or DAY. He sends out weekly status updates to all the former employees about this resurrection...which I'm sure will never happen. Of course, it never ceases to amaze me how much money cities are willing to throw away on silly ideas.

John Weikle, one of the original founders is trying to resurrect it. It won't be called Skybus, but he's trying his hardest to start it again either out of CMH or DAY. He sends out weekly status updates to all the former employees about this resurrection...which I'm sure will never happen. Of course, it never ceases to amaze me how much money cities are willing to throw away on silly ideas.

Remember, it's not about building an airline. It's about seeing how much money can be siphoned into personal pockets.

I jump seated on them a few times a month and they had the friendliest crews ever including the pilots. I was even going to apply there once I met the minimums.....

Skybus pilots lowered the bar. Of course they're nice. They have to be nice to keep from getting their a$$ kicked by the rest of us.

faa, the same thing happened when chicago express went belly up. an investor was going to buy the certificate but missed the 30 day deadline and then decided to pass, as the acquisition would have only included the aircraft of which chicago express owned and no operations certificate

When oil goes back down to $100 pb do you think there's a possibility of Skybus flying again?

Could this be the most subltly posted piece of flightinfo flamebait ever?

If so, kudos!

If not, then the answer is "no". I mean really . . . this credit crunch is more harmful to airlines in the long term than oil prices, really. Doubly so for start-ups.

No F'n tool should try to start up a new carrier right now while a sh!t load of others are parking planes, furloughing, firing, cutting pay..ect. There is NO demand for a new carrier.

faa, the same thing happened when chicago express went belly up. an investor was going to buy the certificate but missed the 30 day deadline and then decided to pass, as the acquisition would have only included the aircraft of which chicago express owned and no operations certificate

A 121 airline can keep their certificate longer than 30 days as long as 119 personnel are in place, even if there's no planes to fly. I bet there were other reasons that CE wasn't sold way back when.

Latest resources

Back