Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no chance of success at 80/barrel

baloney...the traffic numbers at GSO say otherwise. from jan to april as they brought new planes, the pax numbers grew from 3000 to 42000. (source PTIA.com airport website)

so, from the numbers when it was in that range we can safely say without being totally ignorant of the facts and just downright fooish and deluded that real data speaks of truth and opinions is well, like my anus.

the model can work but only in a stable environment which we have had for 25 years up to now... personally, i didn't think they could segment an entirely unique market of bargain hunters at the level they did and as their forecast suggested which was a 1.5 million pax a year... it could have worked

baloney...the traffic numbers at GSO say otherwise. from jan to april as they brought new planes, the pax numbers grew from 3000 to 42000. (source PTIA.com airport website)

so, from the numbers when it was in that range we can safely say without being totally ignorant of the facts and just downright fooish and deluded that real data speaks of truth and opinions is well, like my anus.

the model can work but only in a stable environment which we have had for 25 years up to now... personally, i didn't think they could segment an entirely unique market of bargain hunters at the level they did and as their forecast suggested which was a 1.5 million pax a year... it could have worked
That is the craziest phsycobable that I've read. Dude, the comma is right next to the letter "M" on most keyboards.

3,000 to 42,000? Hmmmmm.

Why is there still a thread on this? Skybus is long gone and won't be coming back. I just think it's funny how worked up some people on this site get when this topic comes up months after the company is gone.

That's right...most are in Ireland and one went elsewhere.

They're gone.

Two are headed to the sandpit here as well...next couple weeks.

I really wish that all those guys and gals got jobs here in the US market, I wouldn't want those bar lowering bastards anywhere near the international contract market

I jump seated on them a few times a month and they had the friendliest crews ever including the pilots.

Ha-ha . . . They had one chronic bed-wetter there . . . a "Speedbird Wannabe" type who seemed to always have his knickers in a knot on the radio. Hope he went with the planes.

I was even going to apply there once I met the minimums.....
By "minimum", you mean minimum . . . . wage? Or minimum height requirement? :laugh:

TW

Last edited:

traffic smaffic. Either you're a Skybus apologist or you're so gullible it's not even funny. It takes more than filling seats to have a viable airline business model. It actually helps to at least charge the customers what the flight costs the airline. Business 101.

Good riddance to Skybus. The profession is better off without them.

Latest resources

Back