• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus wanabee's, think long and hard!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
to the captains out there just deny the jumpseat. I know that's a little childish, but it's a start. Let it get out that these pays levels are unacceptable and you'll can run into problems if you accept one of these jobs.

to the captains out there just deny the jumpseat. I know that's a little childish, but it's a start. Let it get out that these pays levels are unacceptable and you'll can run into problems if you accept one of these jobs.

Denying someone who is working hard for his money is pretty bad. My hats off to anyone willing to wwork and pay taxes in this great country.

By that statement it is quite obvious that you are not in aviation.
Starting a jumpseat war, nobody wins! What a moron!

"We need to educate the next generation on the importance of protecting the profession. Why pilots shouldn't fly transport category airplanes for less than the standard union wage, for example. How doing that might make a pilot's prospects of flying for a legitimate ALPA airline doubtful and how by selling himself out, a pilot is actually selling out his pilot colleagues. How time is built on night freight or in an F16 and not in the cockpit of an A320 at $45,000 per year! -Capt Rissel D. Roberts (Northwest)

A "legitimate ALPA carrier!?" Give me a break! How many pilots does ALPA employ? How many airplanes does ALPA own? NONE!!

It's one thing to collectively negotiate for improvements in working conditions and to work for improvements in safety. It's quite another to position yourself as morally or ethically superior to others, especially considering ALPA's overall ineffectiveness in the last couple of decades.

This guy doesn't care about the next generation of pilots, or even his own peers. All he cares about is preserving the status quo until he retires. He is just trying to hang on to his fat job and way of life. If he REALLY cared about "the profession" he'd do something himself, rather than suggesting that someone else do it. And that is what his suggestion really comes down to. He want's someone else to stand tall, so that he can then stand on that person's shoulders in order to keep his own head above water.

This guy doesn't care about the next generation of pilots, or even his own peers. All he cares about is preserving the status quo until he retires. He is just trying to hang on to his fat job and way of life. If he REALLY cared about "the profession" he'd do something himself, rather than suggesting that someone else do it. And that is what his suggestion really comes down to. He want's someone else to stand tall, so that he can then stand on that person's shoulders in order to keep his own head above water.

Look in the mirror.. we all should.

By that statement it is quite obvious that you are not in aviation.
Starting a jumpseat war, nobody wins! What a moron!

Yeah, I sure don't want to limit my jumpseat possibilities into CMH (sarcasm). I agree to a point, a jumpseat war is no good. I say don't even start agreements with them. Without a jumpseat agreement, there is no war to fight. They just wouldn't be on anyone's list.

Correct.. anyone who thinks that politics has no effect on the power of a union (mediator appointments) has their head in the sand or is a political idiot. I will likely vote Dem this year ONLY for union reasons.. I'd rather be able to vote for a pro-union republican, but sadly they're all in bed with corporate bosses... and to be honest, so are many Dems.. pay close attention to who you vote for.. Bill Clinton was an example of a "Big business" dem.

I realize this is straying from the original topic....perhaps political affiliation has some influence on mediator appointments but I don't see the Dems or Reps giving a hoot for any American worker. You don't hear much outcry from either party about jobs going to China or anywhere else outside the USA - neither party has done anything to curtail it. If they don't care about Joe Citizen at Widgets Manufacturing they aren't going to care about Joe Pilot at NWA. They're all about big/global business and bigger government.

Latest resources

Back