• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus update anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

But if you're a dispatcher like me....what kind of experience is going to look better to the majors......couple years dispatching CRJs, or a couple of years dispatching A-319s?

I've heard thru the pipeline that the initial FA training is the biggest holdup. Still hasn't been signed off on by the Feds.

Have not heard anything official here in CMH, but read an artical about them in CEO mag. a couple of months ago. A friend of mine told me the CEO of skybus was a guest at Fischer College of Business at OSU and gave the class a breakdown of their business model, and it sounds like everything other then flight crews will be contracted out to outside venders, baggage handlers, MX, gate agents etc. Sounds like they have about 160 million in cash, and I've heard from several poeple that Huntington bank and Nationwide are big financial backers. Again this is all second hand info. Sounds like el cheepo, need to bump that pilot pay up a bit. They are listed on Airline Pilot Central as well.

I guess 121 time is 121 time. But if say your future goal was JetBlue or US Airways...I think it would look good that you've dispatched in that fleet type.

Non-exciting update of the day: just looked outside...one of the planes is sitting at the terminal. Yesterday they had another one in the hangar on the S side of CMH

I was at an AIR INC conference about a year/year and half ago when a Skybus recruiter introduced the whole concept. If you read between the lines, you realized that the Ultra Low Cost Concept was based on not paying any labor group what they were worth. The F/A's will be shaking it for commissions and the pilots standing at the door with a tip cup. I will not be able to respect any pilot that takes that job. This company's whole concept is a disgrace to the airline industry!

Latest resources

Back