• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus update anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And to some who are still on the edge to decide if SkyBus is the best career choice..........I submit this true post by swordfish - who many TSA pilots know as a current GoJet pilot...................

icon21.gif
Skybus management is comprised of Gojet pilots. ...

Skybus management is comprised of Gojet pilots. TF is Director of ops, Director of safety is RP and 4 of the 9 check airman’s that have been hired are former check airman’s from Gojet…

swordfish

Skybus

They are doing proving runs right now. Shooting for May. A reliable source on the inside in Columbus forwarded that to me.

A friend of mine is thinking of interviewing. A risk and the pay isn't great. But if it makes you happy go for it. Life's too short to be miserable somewhere else.

An Air Line Pilot will conduct his affairs with other members of the profession in such a manner as to bring credit to the profession as well as to himself.

• He will not falsely or maliciously injure the professional reputation, prospects, or job security of another pilot, yet if he knows of professional incompetence or conduct detrimental to the profession........he will not shrink from revealing this to the proper authorities within....so that the weak member may be brought up to the standards demanded, or the profession alike may be rid of one unworthy to share its rewards.
• He will conduct his affairs with its members....and will take an active part to improve the standing of the profession.

• He will regard himself as a debtor to his profession and ALPA, and will dedicate himself to their advancement. He will cooperate in the upholding of the profession by exchanging information and experience with his fellow pilots....

An Air Line Pilot the honor of his profession is dear, and he will remember that his own character and conduct reflect honor or dishonor upon the profession.

He will conduct all his affairs in a manner that reflects credit on himself and his profession.

They are doing proving runs right now. Shooting for May. A reliable source on the inside in Columbus forwarded that to me.

A friend of mine is thinking of interviewing. A risk and the pay isn't great. But if it makes you happy go for it. Life's too short to be miserable somewhere else.

Yeah who cares about the career as long as you get "yours"........... :(

Airline Pilot

I do agree that the bar has been lowered too much and the profession is in decline. However it's the bed that has been made.

Unfortunately Skybus has plenty of apps at those pay scales. They will not get one from me but the farm has already been given away the past few years.

I remember as a kid flying on an airliner and the Captain was on par with a lawyer or doctor. Not anymore, just bus drivers. Drive the bus that makes you happy but try to respect the profession doing it..

In the meantime I would like to call on all of us; Airline, Corporate, Charter, Fractional, even CFIs to ask for what you deserve, stand up and respect the profession... Part of being a professional is respecting yourself enough to demand what is fair compensation.

Fly safe.

They'll probably have a tough time finding pilots in the long run. You'd have to be pretty stupid to fly 150 seats for regional pay, not to mention you'd have to relocate to CMH. Hopefully SB is going to be a small time operation with a limited market. And for the love of god, advertisers, please buy a space on their aircraft because that f#cking livery is horrible. Everything about SB seems horrible.

They'll probably have a tough time finding pilots in the long run. You'd have to be pretty stupid to fly 150 seats for regional pay, not to mention you'd have to relocate to CMH. Hopefully SB is going to be a small time operation with a limited market. And for the love of god, advertisers, please buy a space on their aircraft because that f#cking livery is horrible. Everything about SB seems horrible.

Plus, who the heck would want to live in Columbus? Ohhh the horror!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. I wonder if any of the local Netjet guys will be crazy enough to throw their hats into the Skybus ring? That would be IDIOTIC in my opinion. I would stay away from this low-paying, Greyhound customer-flying outfit.

Columbus is a nice city. There may not be as much to do in the way of Cincy or Cleveland. Well, if you're not into drinking heavily than there's really not much to do in Cleveland either. But the advantage of Columbus is that it's growing, and it has plenty of room to grow. No city butting up next to it in any direction, unlike Cincy and Cleveland who really can't expand more.
You drive through Cleveland you see run down buildings and you're hitting pot holes the size of Geo Metros. You drive through Columbus and the roads are always in decent condition, all the buildings and shopping areas are brand new and there are construction cranes everywhere.....a good sign.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back