• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyBus gone tonight!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like you guys keep talking about the $10 ticket. We tried to buy a ticket on them for a wedding and ended up finding tickets on Delta for half of what Skybus was selling seats for. I believe it was 10 seats for $10 bucks, but the rest of the seats didn't come cheap.

The only thing I hated about skybus was the pilot pay and lack of work rules. At least they didn't pay (or daddy) for training to fly a B1900 for pennys on the dollar.

You guys are a pretty funny bunch.. No wonder the general publice can't take us serious anymore. Act like a professional and maybe we will be paid like true professionals again.

Back to your regular scheduled pilot hates pilot thread....

There are a lot of "legacy" pilots or pilots in contract negotiations that hate Skybus and Virgin because they are "lowering" the bar. Well I know a lot of guys that haven't gotten an interview or were turned down at these "top tier" companies. So what are these guys supposed to do? You propose they stay at a regional forever? Or better yet how about tearing up their tickets and go sell cars? You people don't know ANYTHING about these guy or why these guys took the job. And its BS that you guys are looking out for your fellow pilot. You are just like 99% of the people you are complaining about. You have YOUR best interest in mind. Not mine or Joe Blow at ABC airlines. You are worried about YOUR precious paycheck. Well these guys need paychecks also. NOT ONE of us here is in a position to judge one another. You are free to apply to and work at whatever company is "up to your standards" and will hire you.

Slow down there mvedepo,

Show me one post of mine that I bashed a Skybus pilot. Not one.

I don't like Skybus, never said I didn't like the pilots. Worked with most of them at ACA and trying to help the ones I can as we speak.

I lost my job just over two years ago too if you remember. ACA/Indy.

Re-read my post and insert your foot into your mouth.

Read the part where I purchased tickets on Delta for less then Skybus!!! You can read can't you?

Learn to read and go pick a fight with someone else.

Slow down there mvedepo,

Show me one post of mine that I bashed a Skybus pilot. Not one.

I don't like Skybus, never said I didn't like the pilots. Worked with most of them at ACA and trying to help the ones I can as we speak.

I lost my job just over two years ago too if you remember. ACA/Indy.

Re-read my post and insert your foot into your mouth.

Read the part where I purchased tickets on Delta for less then Skybus!!! You can read can't you?

Learn to read and go pick a fight with someone else.

I wasn't responding negatively to you. I was backing your response. I agree with the "pilots hate pilots" part. I have nothing against your post.

My post is directed at the likes of:
motch, Bob_Sacamano, rtmcfi, Jack Mehoff, Shrek, countbat, etc

Last edited:
What about all the guys that went there that were saying, "need to do it to put food on the table" (while others were hiring). Bet their feeling like that line wasn't the right one to use. Now you lost time at another airline, and all the while were not making crap. Bye Bye.

Just because legacies are hiring doesn't mean they are going to hire everyone. And YES people need to still put food on the table.

I will sum it up in 2 words: F#ck Skybus!

I am glad they are out of business. For those of you that got screwed over with the whole ACA/Indy debacle I am sorry about that. However, you should have known better than to go to a place like Skybus.

Latest resources

Back