• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyBus gone tonight!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because legacies are hiring doesn't mean they are going to hire everyone. And YES people need to still put food on the table.

You must be a VA guy.

Please stop dragging wages and work rules down. Your short-sightedness is hurting all pilots.

I am happy that Skybus is gone. I hope a few of the others fail as well (Virgin)

And concerning whether or not I should feel too bad for their pilots: How bad do you think Skybus pilots would have felt if their company had instead announced big plans to grow their airline at ATL, DFW, and DEN, taking flying away from pilots at the majors?

They wouldn't mourn the loss of jobs at American, the furloughs at Delta, and the further lowering of wages at UAL. Hel l no, they would be celebrating their quick upgrade to bigtime Airbus/Skybus captain.

They probably would have been excited about expansion. Just like AirTran in ATL, Southwest in PHL and Frontier in DEN. Competition isn't always a bad thing. And I highly doubt that a few flights a day would have done too much damage to their "brothers." ......that's an almost dead concept anyway, it's about what's best for you, first....me first is the American way

Skybus owes at least $50 million, according to Chapter 11 filing​
"Bankrupt Skybus Airlines owes $13.5 million to its top 20 unsecured creditors — companies who lent money to the airline without collateral — and at least $50 million overall after filing for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 of U.S. Bankruptcy Code." That's according to the Greensboro (N.C.) News & Record, one of several media outlets to report today on Skybus' bankruptcy filing. The Dayton Business Journal says Skybus' filing "listed total liabilities of between $50 million and $100 million owed to between 200 and 1,000 creditors. … It listed assets of between $100 million and $500 million."
The Columbus Dispatch writes "World Fuel Management of Chicago is listed as the largest creditor, owed $8.5 million, according to the filing, dated Saturday. Airbus North America is owed $1.9 million, the filing says. Other major creditors include: American Express, owed $600,000; Airport Terminal Services, $300,000; SourceSpeed, $250,000; and the Columbus Regional Airport Authority, $200,000." Despite the Chapter 11 filing –- often used by airlines that keep flying while they reorganize -– Skybus spokesman Bob Tenenbaum tells Bloomberg News "this is a shutdown. All of (the aircraft) will end up in the bankruptcy proceeding."

Thank Prince...

Sitting sideways has taught me a lot. And going through ANY FE course run by the military is truly an eye opening event!

Always
motch

They probably would have been excited about expansion. Just like AirTran in ATL, Southwest in PHL and Frontier in DEN. Competition isn't always a bad thing. And I highly doubt that a few flights a day would have done too much damage to their "brothers." ......that's an almost dead concept anyway, it's about what's best for you, first....me first is the American way

Isn't there a corporate section on here?!........run along now.

The best we can hope for is that a new "SkyBus" doesn't crop up in its place. Because those same "ME FIRST" people will be the first in line to do it again.

Isn't there a corporate section on here?!........run along now.

The best we can hope for is that a new "SkyBus" doesn't crop up in its place. Because those same "ME FIRST" people will be the first in line to do it again.

Ah yes.....so my past experience in the 121 world must mean nothing....since I am corporate now.....thanks for reminding me why I got out of the airlines:rolleyes:

Ah yes.....so my past experience in the 121 world must mean nothing....since I am corporate now.....thanks for reminding me why I got out of the REGIONAL airlines:rolleyes:

It is VERY interesting that you defend the SkyBus pilots decision to undercut the industry...........when it does not affect your future at ALL - If the shoe was on the other foot I am sure you would feel different.

Latest resources

Back