• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky King info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang, alot of interest in a small company!

Insurance: don't have a number. They are in the process of moving it from California to Florida based (Company HQ moving from Sacramento to Lakeland). Should have it in a couple of weeks.

Planes: 400's are going to replace a couple of 200's that have been in "permanent C check" so same number on certificate but more available to fly.

No plans for any additional hiring right now. This class will be in the training pipeline for several weeks. Maybe next year.

Almost a $1000 a month for insurance? That seems really high. can't you get something on you own for cheaper? I wouldn't want to pay almost half my take home for insurance. I guess it depends on if you need the job or not. Most mid level jobs pay 36k a year and you wouldn't have to move, if there are jobs in your location. I don't work there but know several pilots who wouldn't go there because of people they know who work there. FWIW.

How did you guys apply? Does anyone know what the hiring plans look like for 2011? Does a type help?

How did you guys apply? Does anyone know what the hiring plans look like for 2011? Does a type help?

- They advertise on climbto350. If you mail a resume to Lakeland, it will probably get looked at.
- Need a chystal ball for 2011 hiring plans. Hear there is a class of 4 right now. Last class (Oct 2010) was 16. 5 B734's now flying - up from 2 in October. Lots of talk about expansion, but......
- Type doesn't help. Times in the Oct class ranged from 1200 to 25,000. All new hires get at lest SIC type - get PIC type if eligible (Level C sim: must have 2 jet types ans 2500 jet time to get PIC type in it)

Insurance deal does suck. No benefits at all. Probably not going to change anytime soon.

The address I mailed the resume to is in Sacramento, CA and it was taken directly from their web page. I had heard that they moved operations to Lakeland, but I do not see a address for that anywhere on their web page. Could someone please post the new address or PM me with it? Thanks in advance, Google is being of little help in finding the new address.

DUATS, thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Run run away... it's a place waiting for something to happen... been a few close calls and only a few professionals. Swapping parts without sign off's. People let go to make an example if something said. Really not a good place for people that have a future.

Run run away... it's a place waiting for something to happen... been a few close calls and only a few professionals. Swapping parts without sign off's. People let go to make an example if something said. Really not a good place for people that have a future.

Sat on the MIA employee bus listening to one of their Captains run through a few phone calls telling them about a problem he didn't want to put in the logbook because it would ground the plane (his words, not mine). Of course the problem wasn't getting fixed because he and other gutless POS scumbag excuses for Captains kept carrying it.

Latest resources

Back