• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
So what's the deal with ASA these days?

Sinking ship or decent place to think about?

I am currently trying to decide between a decent upgrade or a decent life, basically.. :)

I am thinking PCL, ASA and REP..

You will make decent pay as a FO, but that's about where the decent life ends. Last year we had amazing schedules (2/3rds of the lines had 15+ days off), but this year the majority is 12 days off and below.

We're hiring enough that you will probably see a bit of movement, but I doubt upgrade will come before the 3-4 year mark. If a fast upgrade is important to you, seek employment elsewhere.

You don't have to look much farther than Atlanta to see where the better choices are. They are the ones flying routes that ASA used to fly with their shiny new planes. That is the reason why the upgrade at ASA is stagnant.

But most importantly, and ultimately the deciding factor in every newcomers decision, how are the crew bathrooms? lol

g
:beer:

They can't compare to the crew bathroom in STL.. :)

Go to an airline with a somewhat of a future. Since ASA mgt does not want to get this contract done, I would look somewhere else. People are really leaving this place. No one sees a bright future.

Thanks.. that's sorta what I thought..

Well, there are none and for the last 2 months or so, the same roll of TP was laying in the floor covered in piss..

Latest resources

Back