• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skinny on ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well some of the senior guys are looking at age 60 and figuring now is the time to get a part 91 job. By the time they actually hit 60 they will exceed their current ASA pay - and with no retirement and no medical age 60 is a rather stark reality for some of our senior pilots.

Regional flying has not kept pace with inflation and replacing an ASA paycheck is not difficult. But like you, I'm scratching something when I see an 18 year pilot start over at World when the war is over as soon as the politicians figure out how to pull the plug.

I know there have been two go there. A few go to SWA, and a few senior instructors that we at the job fare this last weekend. It is kind of scary.
I know that we will have nine more resignations to DAL in April. There was one instructor that left for Jet Blue today, and a bunch waiting for classes other places. These are guys that make over 100K a year that are willing to take 50-70K pay cuts to get out of here. That is not something to scoff at. It is a huge deal especially when they did not go in the hiring wave of the late 90's.

What are you smoking?

What are you smoking? Take a look at the other pay scales by equipment and longevity. ASA FOs are still among the highest paid in the industry by equipment, because our FOs make 60% of captain pay. Most airlines pay 40-50%.

Latest resources

Back